Multi day NE hike anyone?

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
KC.Jones

Re: Multi day NE hike anyone?

Post by KC.Jones » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:53 pm

I mapped out a two day, one night 26 miler here in the Cleveland, Ohio area if anyone's interested.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

MushroomMan

Post by MushroomMan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Let’s get a TN late summer / earky fall hike going! Kevin? MM?
I hate to sound like Captain Buzzkill here like I know I will but I can't say I'm a fan of group hiking. I really like backpacking alone and with 1 or 2 other people tops is cool. It's nice on a thru hike how you can hike alone and then meet up with familiar faces randomly all in the general area... but being in the middle of nowhere not seeing a single human or crossing a road all day or longer is nice to 8-)

Looking forward to this weekend, wherever I go.

REI has a good sale going now to if anyone needs anything... I've decided with how well my Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 tent has treated me, with well over 200 nights in nature (and through some crazy shit), that it's time to upgrade to there new 2020 model. Can't wait but it's getting a urethane seam seal right off the rip, brand new... IMO you can't trust that tape most companies only put on from the inside.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:27 pm

MushroomMan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:17 pm
Boxorain wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 pm
Let’s get a TN late summer / earky fall hike going! Kevin? MM?
I hate to sound like Captain Buzzkill here like I know I will but I can't say I'm a fan of group hiking. I really like backpacking alone and with 1 or 2 other people tops is cool. It's nice on a thru hike how you can hike alone and then meet up with familiar faces randomly all in the general area... but being in the middle of nowhere not seeing a single human or crossing a road all day or longer is nice to 8-)

Looking forward to this weekend, wherever I go.

REI has a good sale going now to if anyone needs anything... I've decided with how well my Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 tent has treated me, with well over 200 nights in nature (and through some crazy shit), that it's time to upgrade to there new 2020 model. Can't wait but it's getting a urethane seam seal right off the rip, brand new... IMO you can't trust that tape most companies only put on from the inside.
No buzzkill MM. I agree. 3 person hike is typically the most I do. Usually it’s only 2 of us. If I did a thru hike I’d like to bring a dog along.
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:53 pm
I mapped out a two day, one night 26 miler here in the Cleveland, Ohio area if anyone's interested.
When’s this going down kid? I’ve never been to Cleveland. Maybe it’s time ...if time allows
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 am

Boxorain wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:55 pm

When’s this going down kid? I’ve never been to Cleveland. Maybe it’s time ...if time allows
I don't really have a time planned for when I'm gonna do it. The sooner the better, for sure. Let me know!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know