Weir Wednesday - May 20 - Bridge Session

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
KC.Jones

Re: Weir Wednesday - May 20 - Bridge Session

Post by KC.Jones » Wed May 20, 2020 11:03 pm

What a fantastic ending with the triple encore :bigheart

Boxorain was the star of the encore with his head directly behind Bob's right shoulder :waving
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu May 21, 2020 7:00 pm

You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Can’t begin to express how much I enjoyed this show experience. You’ll notice at the beginning, nobody was moving. Why? Cuz it was WEIRd! Small little room with these musicians playing as if it was a packed theater. Strange man. But The bones were moving in no time :dance

Lots of GD family there. Got to talk w/ Barlow, Alan Trist and so many others. I say, ‘Hey John, you’re totally the man’. He has a big ole smile and says, ‘Just one of them’

Alan Trist and his wife were beyond authentic and approachable. Spoke to them for quite some time. In particular about the car accident he got into with Hunter and Jerry. Jerry literally got thrown out of his shoes. And how they were all best of friends...living day to day, happy as could be. Man the stories he had. So cool. Especially upon reflection
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’