The First Day of Spring 2021 (edited version)

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
DrippingColors

The First Day of Spring 2021 (edited version)

Post by DrippingColors » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Tales From the Front
Chapter 3: The First Day of Spring 2021 (edited version)

A shaft of blue light washed across my face. I was relieved to interrupt the dystopian Corona dreams that I haven’t been able to shake for the past year. After a quick trip to the corner for a few last minute items, I met the dog sitter who was going to take care of the boys while we were gone. The van was packed and we were off on a road trip to see the opening leg of Bob Weir’s Spring Tour - Pittsburgh, Charlotte and Atlanta. It was a recreation of a similar journey I made thirty years prior, in 1991. It felt so good to travel freely. I looked forward to stopping at little towns, checking out parks and quaint shops and conversing with the like minded souls we met along the way.

Stores were packed with customers, recently reemployed and eager to satisfy their pent up demand for consumer goods that were not available for so long as the country converted all nonessential manufacturing to medical material. Beleaguered doctors, nurses and technicians couldn’t pay for a meal in a restaurant if they tried, and the reinvigorated hotel and spa industries offered greatly discounted packages for the front line workers, who, despite already being highly respected, have now achieved a special status in society.

I walked into the yard and filled my lungs with the sweet warm air. No one is going to ever forget this past year, and the many friends, relatives and neighbors who succumbed to this insidious virus. But, we will look back and remember the spirit and unity Americans exhibited in the many daring and selfless acts performed in the wake of this massive tragedy. Many see it as a major turning point in the ugly political divides that had been plaguing the country for so many decades. We no longer saw our own well being as a separate issue from the wellness of others. You could see it in the kindness practiced daily. From people holding doors open to giving up their seats on the bus for elders, caring and sharing was the new definition of patriotism.

We will not merely survive. We will thrive.

KC.Jones

Re: The First Day of Spring 2021 (edited version)

Post by KC.Jones » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:26 am

I hope it doesn't take that long before Bob's next tour
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am

What happened to Joseph
Covid19
Must admit you're kinda Frightening

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am

I love that vision, DC!!! :clap :crossed

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:52 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:59 am
What happened to Joseph
?

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:23 am

Still nice, however I preferred the original - in content and appearance (big purple italicized lettering lol)
7/24-25 DeadCo @ Wrigley :crossed