KEZHEAD

Re: OH MY GOD...,,

Post by KEZHEAD » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 pm

There ya go Bender
All Lives Matter!

Bender

Post by Bender » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks KEZHEAD, this is a nice tribute to Neil. Like some of you, hearing 2112 for the first time was a seminal moment for me. I was listening in bed with my headphones on so my parents wouldn't know, from a cassette tape on one of those 3 way stereos (receiver, turntable, cassette deck) from the 1980's.

As the second side closed and they started with the "attention all planets of the solar federation" part, my mind was blown!

At that time I was already into them via the Signals and Grace Under Pressure albums. The journey into their music got even better! :jumpclap

KEZHEAD

Post by KEZHEAD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Bender wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am
Thanks KEZHEAD, this is a nice tribute to Neil. Like some of you, hearing 2112 for the first time was a seminal moment for me. I was listening in bed with my headphones on so my parents wouldn't know, from a cassette tape on one of those 3 way stereos (receiver, turntable, cassette deck) from the 1980's.
:jumpclap
Dude almost the same way for me!
Dude, I heard it at a party in the background and I said what the hell was that
The crew said.....2112 brother
That was my induction into the music of Rush
A friend of mine gave me the tape and I went home that night and listen to it with my headphones on in my bedroom
It was a shame that I had flip the cassatte to hear the other side because It was only an interruption of the music
That album from beginning to end is quite a journey
I’ve been hooked ever since
All Lives Matter!

Bender

Post by Bender » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:45 am

KEZHEAD wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:45 pm
Bender wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:32 am
:jumpclap
Dude almost the same way for me!
Dude, I heard it at a party in the background and I said what the hell was that
Yep, yep, it seems major Rush fans all had their "who IS this?" moment....as I noted previously it was early 80's before I really started getting into them. Collaterally I had heard songs like Limelight and Spirit of the Radio on the....wait for it....radio, but never really placed the artist. So then I get into them during Grace Under Pressure (I liked D.E.W., bought the cassette as a 'give them a try' sort of thing) and immediately started dialing back the albums....holy shit, they played THAT? OMG, that's THEIR song? THEY are the ones that play Fly By Night? But the real gems were the ones you never heard before, and loved them instantly, like anything from 2112, Xanadu, Natural Science, etc....

Within a year or two I had bought just about every Rush album I could find (which back then meant going to record stores).

KEZ, I was thinking about this yesterday....if D&C were to ever cover ONE Rush song, which do you think it would be? For as musicallty talented as each entity is/was, it's a tough fit....two that come to mind for me are Closer to the Heart, and Working Man. :guitarred

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:10 pm

I like Rush and all but my wife is a lifelong diehard. She still has her 1978 tour shirt. RIP Neil.
I know my uncle he's as honest as me

KEZHEAD

Post by KEZHEAD » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm

YYZ

This one still hurts man!
All Lives Matter!

Bender

Post by Bender » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Denver Man wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:10 pm
I like Rush and all but my wife is a lifelong diehard. She still has her 1978 tour shirt. RIP Neil.
Tell her to get at me if you guys ever divorce.... :mrgreen: And you should cherish that woman. CHERISH her!

Bender

Post by Bender » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 pm

KEZHEAD wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:37 pm
YYZ

This one still hurts man!
YYZ is a solid choice! :thumbsup