America's Favorite Halloween Candy- What's Your Pick??

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
SunshineSue

America's Favorite Halloween Candy- What's Your Pick??

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:04 am

Happy almost Halloween!! Monmouth University has done a study of America's favorite Halloween candy and Reese's peanut butter cups come out on top. I have to admit, I'm more a Snickers or M & M's kind of trick or treater myself over the chocolate/peanut butter combo. What's anyone else munching on and then having to replace in time for Halloween and/or stealing from the kids?? :mrgreen:

Here's the sweet data from Monmouth:

Among a list of eight top-selling types of candy, the most popular one by far is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, with 36% of Americans picking this as
their favorite. In second place is Snickers at 18%, and M&M’s round out the top three at 11%. The other five candies named in the poll receive far fewer votes as top choice, including Hershey bars (6%), candy corn (6%), Skittles (5%), Starburst (4%), and Tootsie Pops (2%).

There are some slight regional variations – e.g. Reese’s cups are somewhat more likely to be the top pick in the Midwest (41%),
Northeast (37%), and Southeast (36%) than they are in the West (32%) and Southwest/Mountain (30%)
regions – while Snickers bars are slightly more popular in the West (22%) and Southwest/Mountain.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/10/us/favor ... index.html

:happyhalloween:

strangerinboulder

Re: America's Favorite Halloween Candy- What's Your Pick??

Post by strangerinboulder » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Nerds for Colorado...ooh, that would be a good bumper sticker. Not even in my top 50. But as fate would have it, the state resembles the box they come in. Hmmm. I'll pick Almond Joy
Last edited by strangerinboulder on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Last Waltz Revisited, 11/22 (Boulder)
Dead Floyd, 12/20 (Boulder)
Turkuaz , 12/31 (Boulder)

Boxorain

Re: America's Favorite Halloween Candy- What's Your Pick??

Post by Boxorain » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 pm

DOTS!
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’