"Ready or Not": Album of "New Songs"

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Tone Weaver

"Ready or Not": Album of "New Songs"

Post by Tone Weaver » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Jerry could still write classics in the '90s.

Just announced.

https://store.dead.net/music/ready-or-n ... d=39878538

We proudly present READY OR NOT, nine unreleased live versions of late-period Grateful Dead songs that debuted in 1992 and 1993, a reflection of what could have been the band's next official studio album.

Due November 22nd.

READY OR NOT TRACK-LIST

1. “Liberty” – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
2. “Eternity” – The Pyramid, Memphis, TN (4/2/95)
3. “Lazy River Road” – Dean Smith Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (3/25/93)
4. “Samba In The Rain” – The Omni, Atlanta, GA (3/30/95)
5. “So Many Roads” – Star Lake Amphitheatre, Burgettstown, PA (6/23/92)
6. “Way To Go Home” – Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN (6/28/92)
7. “Corrina” – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (10/14/94)
8. “Easy Answers” – Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA (9/13/93)
9. “Days Between” – Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA (12/11/94)

patchthenation

Re: "Ready or Not": Album of "New Songs"

Post by patchthenation » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:39 pm

HEY NOW! My first GD show is represented, FINALLY! 6/28/92 Deer Creek! And I enjoy LWTGH unlike some others.

The one gripe I have: they can include Samba, but no Broken Arrow or Wave to the Wind - A HUNTER COMPOSITION?!?! Why the Phil snub?!?! I understand that Broken Arrow is a cover, but still. No Childhood's End or If the Shoe Fits, I suppose I don't mind, but I do like Wave to the Wind! Did Phil snub them for this release? Come on guys! What's the deal?

LostSailor

Post by LostSailor » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Disc five of the So Many Roads box set is the rehearsal/studio versions of all those "new songs", minus Samba and Easy Answers, which is actually a Ratdog tune that sounds really sweet with Kenny' s saxophone.
What’s new is old, what’s old is gone
You’re pushed up to the edge, so put your wingsuit on

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:39 pm
HEY NOW! My first GD show is represented, FINALLY! 6/28/92 Deer Creek! And I enjoy LWTGH unlike some others.

The one gripe I have: they can include Samba, but no Broken Arrow or Wave to the Wind - A HUNTER COMPOSITION?!?! Why the Phil snub?!?! I understand that Broken Arrow is a cover, but still. No Childhood's End or If the Shoe Fits, I suppose I don't mind, but I do like Wave to the Wind! Did Phil snub them for this release? Come on guys! What's the deal?
So glad they’re doing this...finally a release of that one last grate album we all knew was coming. I just ordered. And patch...D Lemieux suggested a 2nd album down the road with the other batch of 90’s songs, including some of the covers. But I gotta say...Wave to the Wind is literally the only GD song I can’t do. Just can’t do it. Glad you dig tho!
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:18 pm

I like Wave To The Wind. I'm definitely getting this. No, the 90s were not the greatest period in GD history but these songs bring back some very fond memories.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Equinox wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:18 pm
I like Wave To The Wind. I'm definitely getting this. No, the 90s were not the greatest period in GD history but these songs bring back some very fond memories.
Agree...these were / are grate songs. That last record that never was. And now this release with live takes. Bravo :clap
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:49 pm

I was at
3/30/95 Samba
6/23/92 SMR
9/13/93 Easy Answers

TBH, when the new songs started popping up on Tour i was resistant to all but one and then a few grew on me and the rest....well you know what my mom would say. :lol:
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 pm

I was at Easy Answers and I may have been at Liberty. Some of those NYC shows are a real blur!
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

terrapinjoel

Post by terrapinjoel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:32 am

Long way hone on some nights had the energy that kick started the set like blow away or pockey way did. Vince had some pretty big shoes to fill after Brent and IMHO did great.
The missing Phil songs may have to do with copywriter issues? Idk