Official 2018 Lockn' Thread!

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
KC.Jones

Official 2018 Lockn' Thread!

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:53 pm

2018 Lockn' Music Festival
Thursday August 23 - Sunday August 25
Four sets of Dead & Company (one w/ Branford Marsalis), two sets of JRAD, two sets of Tedeschi Trucks Band, Widespread Panic, three sets of Lettuce, three sets of Umphree's McGee, George Clinton & P-Funk, Blues Traveler, Ghost Light, Sheryl Crow, and many, many more....

My ticket is purchased!! I'm going to be making my second trip to Lockn'. The first time was 2016. I'm super excited, and am counting down the days! It'll be here before we know it. I can't bear to miss TWO nights of Tedeschi Trucks Band leading into Dead & Company. My two favorite currently touring acts!

We can use this thread to hopefully discuss the logistics behind a Terrapin Nation meet up before one of the Dead & Company shows. How many TNers will be at this year's Lockn'? I know BoxoRain has said he'll be attending, and I feel like I've read one or two other users post they'll be there as well (Griff maybe?). I'll update the list of attendees as I confirm.

Terrapin Nationers That'll Be Attending:
KC.Jones
BoxoRain
Dr. Bakes
Kevin
DireWolf
Griff
Lightchaser

In somewhat interesting news considering the pre line up announcement rumors of Neil Young & the Promise of the Real, Lukas Nelson & POTR have just canceled their appearance at the festival this year due to a "scheduling conflict." I'm not sure what that means yet considering they have no dates booked between August 18 and September 2. Usually where there's smoke there's fire, so keep your eyes peeled for perhaps something interesting to be announced.

Can't wait to see you guys there!!
Last edited by KC.Jones on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

bones

Re: Official 2018 Lockn' Thread!

Post by bones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm

Lukas really shoulda cleared that with you & Bxorain first...
Shall we go...you & I while we can...
7/8 TTB
7/11 Yes
7/14 Dark Side of Mule
7/20 JRAD
7/21 Eagles
7/30 Bearly Dead GD Night @ Fenway

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm

bones wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm
No doubt

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:10 pm

:waving
bones wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:00 pm
You know I’m NOT impressed Bones!! UGH!!!! Seeing him a month later in Toga but still....

Well, at least I don’t have to rush down there for 3:00 on Friday now

Shades of 14’ when Bobby pulled the plug...although I knew it was for the best. ‘Twas a serious buzzkill

Been thinking bout Lockn...in 14’ we lost 1/2 the Phil set due to T Storms. Year or two later delayed from major storms. Just looked at the recent forecast and they’ve been getting ripped with t storms almost daily. Long way to drive for question marks. So looking forward to the event but come game day, if the weather is suspect....I may just enjoy another NH weekend floating along the Lazy River
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:13 pm

Lockn' made a post last week saying that on Monday August 6 (today) there was going to be an announcement of more guests and special events. I wonder what that's gonna mean?

"We have more friends and experiences to announce. What could it be? Tune in to find out!"

Also here's Lukas' annoucement about the cancelation:

"Hi Everyone, Lukas here ..

I’m very sorry that we can’t make it to the LOCKN' Festival.. in fact I’ve know this for a long time (over 3 months), and the show has been off our website for a while. I’m really not sure why it was only announced this morning on Facebook but I’m sure there are reasons.

It’s a very personal reason we are missing the show. A dear friend has asked my family and I and the band to attend an event that is very very special to them, and as soon as I found out about the invite I said of course, and called to cancel LOCKN' Festival .. family and friends of course being the most important things in this world.

Please accept our apologies and have fun at the festival - there are so many other great acts to see!

Love,
Lukas and POTR"

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:10 pm

You know I’m NOT impressed Bones!! UGH!!!! Seeing him a month later in Toga but still....

Well, at least I don’t have to rush down there for 3:00 on Friday now

Shades of 14’ when Bobby pulled the plug...although I knew it was for the best. ‘Twas a serious buzzkill

Been thinking bout Lockn...in 14’ we lost 1/2 the Phil set due to T Storms. Year or two later delayed from major storms. Just looked at the recent forecast and they’ve been getting ripped with t storms almost daily. Long way to drive for question marks. So looking forward to the event but come game day, if the weather is suspect....I may just enjoy another NH weekend floating along the Lazy River
Still WAY too early for weather predictions for Lockn'. I just hope it isn't as hot as 2016! I'll take a little bit of rain if it keeps away the heat. If you do cancel however I'll gladly buy your Forest Camping pass off you!

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Yea man, no weather predictions here. Just commenting on the last 3 weeks of weather down there and what happened years past. Really really looking forward to this thing but if the weather looks dicey I may just save the 20hrs of driving time. I hope that’s not the case but if it is, my camping pass is yours brother

bones

Post by bones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Just Announced Taj Mahal, Margo Price and Krasno...

please dont shoot the messenger

i have no dog in this hunt...

still plenty of good acts & if i did festies i woulda done lockn and/or peach this year

have fun boys...
Shall we go...you & I while we can...
7/8 TTB
7/11 Yes
7/14 Dark Side of Mule
7/20 JRAD
7/21 Eagles
7/30 Bearly Dead GD Night @ Fenway

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Weather permitting, I’ll be aiming for dinner time Friday now. Think Umphrey’s with Bonham will be lots of Zep? Sure hope so. Otherwise all I really fancy on Friday...in a HUGE way...is Panic! JRAD late night added bonus

Sunday is such a nice lineup starting off with the Gospel

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:43 pm
Yea man, no weather predictions here. Just commenting on the last 3 weeks of weather down there and what happened years past. Really really looking forward to this thing but if the weather looks dicey I may just save the 20hrs of driving time. I hope that’s not the case but if it is, my camping pass is yours brother
Beautiful. I hope to see you there