Boulder Show - Maximum Enjoyment

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
jpwv13

Boulder Show - Maximum Enjoyment

Post by jpwv13 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi, all.

I am heading to CO Wednesday. Cant wait for the shows, but also excited to hit up a dispensary for the first time. Any recommended strains for a D&C show?

Griff

Re: Boulder Show - Maximum Enjoyment

Post by Griff » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 pm

All of them :smileys-passing-joint

MontrealJared

Post by MontrealJared » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Griff wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 pm
All of them :smileys-passing-joint
I’ll have what he’s having
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you.

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 pm

I recommend a shop called Village Green Society. It's right downtown and they sell 8ths of shake for $20, but it's not like shake as in trash of the crop, it's shake like totally covered in crystals super finely ground up and pretty much the best deal in town if you don't care enough to physically break down yer own buds. Happy little shop with happy folks, quick in quick out never any major lines. It's a hidden gem though most people will likely be recommending Terrapin Care Station throughout the week, but they're overpriced and generally have long lines, it's a Shakedown shop. Go VGS!

As for strains, ask for whatever has the highest THC percentage. I generally prefer sativa strains unless I'm mixing em which is always fun aswell.

Enjoy the little taste of freedom & push for it in your home when you get back!
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I visited my first dispensary last week when I was in Portland. I was impressed with how "normal" it felt, as well as how professional the employees were. The two shops I went to were very welcoming and didn't make me feel embarrassed for being a novice in the dispensary experience. I really hope we can get recreational legalized here in Ohio.

As far as what strains to ask for, the best bet is to discuss this with the person behind the counter. A lot of it depends on what your tolerance is and how high amounts of THC make you feel. If you have a high tolerance then you definitely want high THC, low CBD. But if you have a low tolerance and/or get paranoid around others try bringing that CBD to THC ratio closer to 1:1. CBD will be more relaxing and help with paranoia, but also could make you sleepy at the show. Edibles are always an option. Just talk to the employees, and if your experience was anything like mine in Oregon then you'll walk out impressed and happy with your purchases.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 am

Talk with the people in the shop about what sativa, indica, and hybrid strains they have and what effect you like. Indica is gonna be your super heady high, brain fart, duhhhhh stuff. Sativa is more of a body high, sometimes more uplifting. But, those are SUPER generalizations. Look at em. Smell em. Everyone likes different stuff.

Personally, I have found I'm more into sativa strains when I don't want to be a complete lump sinking into a couch cushion. It's good for dancing to the Dead, in other words! Then again, indica gets your brain into those extra deep spaces with the extended Dark Star jams.

Also, terminology: "flower" is used for buds and "pre-rolled" for joints. Those are a couple basic pointers.

Life with recreational dispensaries is fantastic! I, myself, just spent a good amount of time and money in my local shop in preparation for the road trip to Colorado. Oregon to Colorado is a LOT of driving and with D&C shows and 4 national parks, I needed to stock up! So easy. So convenient. And, so fun to go "shopping" and get to talk freely with the shop clerks about it. It's a very noramlized experience for me now and I absolutely LOVE that.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

Griff

Post by Griff » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:41 am

I am the exact opposite......indica makes me creative and filled with energy while sativa makes me more slow. Lol. It's just like any drug, it affects everyone differently.

I dont eat edibles during the day. Ever. That slows me down the most. But it also is a different compound when processed through the liver versus the lungs.

Hippie science is good, but any science has outliers. Just find whatever is right for you.

And yes, shopping for weed is just about the coolest thing you can do. Lol.

jpwv13

Post by jpwv13 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:18 am

Thanks all for the great responses!

jpwv13

Post by jpwv13 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:19 am

Shroomopotamus wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 pm
I recommend a shop called Village Green Society. It's right downtown and they sell 8ths of shake for $20, but it's not like shake as in trash of the crop, it's shake like totally covered in crystals super finely ground up and pretty much the best deal in town if you don't care enough to physically break down yer own buds. Happy little shop with happy folks, quick in quick out never any major lines. It's a hidden gem though most people will likely be recommending Terrapin Care Station throughout the week, but they're overpriced and generally have long lines, it's a Shakedown shop. Go VGS!

As for strains, ask for whatever has the highest THC percentage. I generally prefer sativa strains unless I'm mixing em which is always fun aswell.

Enjoy the little taste of freedom & push for it in your home when you get back!
A friend of mine recommended The Farm in Boulder. Any thoughts on them?

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 am

Oh yeah, one more thing: take cash. Most places are still working on a cash-only basis. At least, that's how it is in Oregon. Banks are still leary of working with a quasi-legal industry.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.