Setlist: Dead & Co 6/29 Cellairis Amphitheatre Atlanta

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
SunshineSue

Re: Setlist: Dead & Co 6/29 Cellairis Amphitheatre Atlanta

Post by SunshineSue » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 am

I'm betting Fire was supposed to close the second, with OMSN as the encore. Wonder how the first was supposed to go? :think

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:19 am

zooming in on my phone, looks like OMSN originally closed set 1....still tryin to figure out the others

Griff

Post by Griff » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 am

Report from the rail is that Bobby and Oteil got emotional during SOTM. I heard it but was not watching Nugs, just listening while I ate dinner but did run over to the screen on the line some where in San Francisco......cause it sounded like Bob was crying.

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:34 am

Griff wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 am
Report from the rail is that Bobby and Oteil got emotional during SOTM. I heard it but was not watching Nugs, just listening while I ate dinner but did run over to the screen on the line some where in San Francisco......cause it sounded like Bob was crying.
I HEARD IT TOO..........I was listening but don't remember if I was driving or not but I remember wanting to say I thought he was crying, but I didn't want to be 'that guy.' Luckily, others heard it too.

terrapinjoel

Post by terrapinjoel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:54 am

Riverbend 86.... Legendary show Sue. Hope you get a recreation of it

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:01 am

SunshineSue wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 am
I'm betting Fire was supposed to close the second, with OMSN as the encore. Wonder how the first was supposed to go? :think

Love how they’re mixing it up on the fly. Like the Lucy thrown into Bird Song and the set going a good 10 mins longer than usual...improvisation :clap

As far as playing Terrapin / China > Rider / etc too often. I agree...but that only applies to us crazies who follow and chart every last note. Most people have no clue or even a care as to what any band plays, except the night they see em. We take it to the extreme. I was comparing a 2019 setlist to one from 1976 the other night, 43 years ago...think about how ridiculous that is lol.

So from that standpoint, they should play these songs as often as they want. Besides a few select bands, the song rotation is still far greater than almost any other touring act today. Perspective
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

terrapinjoel

Post by terrapinjoel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:04 am

Boxorain wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:01 am
SunshineSue wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 am

Love how they’re mixing it up on the fly. Like the Lucy thrown into Bird Song and the set going a good 10 mins longer than usual...improvisation :clap

As far as playing Terrapin / China > Rider / etc too often. I agree...but that only applies to us crazies who follow and chart every last note. Most people have no clue or even a care as to what any band plays, except the night they see em. We take it to the extreme. I was comparing a 2019 setlist to one from 1976 the other night, 43 years ago...think about how ridiculous that is lol.

So from that standpoint, they should play these songs as often as they want. Besides a few select bands, the song rotation is still far greater than almost any other touring act today. Perspective
So true BOR....most bands do a whole tour with one setlist pretty much. Ours is an obsessive endeavour

B-Rad

Post by B-Rad » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 am

patchthenation wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:34 am
Griff wrote:
I HEARD IT TOO..........I was listening but don't remember if I was driving or not but I remember wanting to say I thought he was crying, but I didn't want to be 'that guy.' Luckily, others heard it too.

Bob just had some dust get in his eyes.
Last edited by B-Rad on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

B-Rad

Post by B-Rad » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:43 am

Here is the original
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 am

patchthenation wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:34 am
Griff wrote:
Wow...I’ll have to give that a listen! The other night I was listening to 3/28/88 and Jerry gets noticeably choked up during Stella. Pretty cool stuff
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’