Dead and Company Summer Tour: Who Went?

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
bones

Re: Dead and Company Summer Tour: Who's Going?!

Post by bones » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 pm
bones wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:20 pm
id hold off on citifield tix

after gillette show experience u might be heading right back home to canada with said new girlfriend
Ha! I hear ya bones but I gotta say....the crowds / love / community since JM has entered the scene have grown in numbers...totally new generation...and in a very peaceful way. Similar to early 90’s (late 80’s a bit too much), I think one could go on tour and never enter the venue...or even love the music...but simply fall in love with the community
totally agree

at 1 jrad show younger guy with mayer type sunglasses standing right next to me

folks were lol...old * new lol
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/7 Last Waltz - NH
11/16 DSO Lowell
11/23 DSO Concord NH
11/30 Phish RI
12/7 TTB Boston
12/27 Grateful Ball Peterborough
1/25 Ghost Light & GSBG
2/7 RRE Boston

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:43 am

Watched nugs this morning...sounded grate. Boys having big fun. Bobby looked grate. Oteil really cool with the face / hand painted. Billy looking healthy too. Seems like the guys on stage are having as much fun as the people in the crowd :grouphug

And the people...big enthusiastic crowd last night. 54 years later it’s become just as much about the gathering as it is about the music. I suppose it always has been but you can tell there’s an appreciation level by those in attendance. To still be able to get together, smile, dance and forget about ‘life’ for awhile...what a gift. And the young peeps just experiencing this for the first time...life altering. DeadCo is doing fantastic things and the traveling circus is a fine representation of peace on earth. Too much? Naaaaa, spot on :guitarred
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am

I am curious to know what Deer creek was like, since I was supposed to be there in an alternate timeline! I still was going to drive down if my son’s baseball game got rained out, since only one of my tickets sold. But it didn’t happen. The baseball game was great!

CountingStars

Post by CountingStars » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

well, I'm out for Citi field. I can't justify the expense of that one, and the pain in the neck travel. I'll be streaming, most likely on my patio.

Griff

Post by Griff » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm

A little late for a report, but that first week and 6 shows of the tour through the Gorge was a blast. All shows had great moments but other than the first nite that had some rust, all the other shows were pretty hot.

2nd nite of Shoreline and 2nd sets of both Gorge shows were spectacular. FOTM from Hollywood was amazing as was NFA and US Blues. Encore and 1st set Terrapins.

I mean, wow. So wish I was heading to Chicago but blew it on ticks. Have fun everyone and I will see you back on tour in Bahston.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

CountingStars wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm
well, I'm out for Citi field. I can't justify the expense of that one, and the pain in the neck travel. I'll be streaming, most likely on my patio.
If helpful...I just buy a $45 ticket and always end up in a good spot. Ends up being one of the cheapest shows of the tour. I think Foxboro will end up being the easiest to move around this tour but Citi always has tons of empty seats
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:50 am

A shameless three week bump
The Last Waltz Revisited, 11/22 (Boulder)
Dead Floyd, 12/20 (Boulder)
Turkuaz , 12/31 (Boulder)

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 am

MorningGlory wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am
I am curious to know what Deer creek was like, since I was supposed to be there in an alternate timeline! I still was going to drive down if my son’s baseball game got rained out, since only one of my tickets sold. But it didn’t happen. The baseball game was great!
I thought it sounded good from cyberspace! I'm sorry you didn't make it down, though. I hope you can catch another show sooner rather than later! You can check out the set list and comments about the show here in the show thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3881

Chuckster

Post by Chuckster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 am

patchthenation wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 pm
https://www.deadandcompany.com/#events-list

JUN. 18 SARATOGA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY
boxorain
bones
B-Rad
KC.Jones
dr bakes
Kevin
CountingStars

JUN. 28 PNC MUSIC PAVILION CHARLOTTE, NC
DeadDuck
jpwv13
StellasBlues

JUN. 29 CELLAIRIS AMPHITHEATRE AT LAKEWOOD ATLANTA, GA
DeadDuck
jpwv13

:bears2 :bears2 :bears2 :bears2 :bears2 :bears2 :bears2

Screen-Shot-2018-11-29-at-8.43.35-AM-768x363.png

...:waving Please go ahead and add me to the above shows-- hopefully :crossed we can get a TN group pic of all attending with the TN Flag :think :jumpclap

(Let's PM one another to further coordinate/get contact info!) :dance

StellasBlues

Post by StellasBlues » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm

:bears2 for those going to Charlotte NC the lots open at 4:00 eastern time I just called! See y’all there!
Nothing to tell now, let the words be yours, I'm done with mine. :bears2