Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
terrapinjoel

Re: Dead & Co Dallas 7/2

Post by terrapinjoel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:42 am

66slim wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:20 am
terrapinjoel wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am
The me and my uncle question is still burning in my head lol. The song literally doesn't say who killed uncle. The cowboys could have shot him and the songs singer could have been opportunist and took the gold or he/she ( could be a she!!!) Could have pulled the trigger down the trail.
New respect for that song. Well now I know what to ask hunter if I see him 😂
“It being summer, I took off my shirt...”

Probably not a girl narrator- in my opinion
Possibly not😂

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Thank you for doing this B-Rad! :terrapinnation!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Chuckster

Post by Chuckster » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:15 pm

My Dallas 7/2 Song Recap:
(Excerpted with your kind allowance and permission from my Dallas 7/2 Prediction Game Wrap-Up) :jester

Well “FLAS” remains “MIA” and it sure is a head-scratcher that it’s most recent appearance on this Tour STILL remains as the show-opener (that I coincidentally happened to catch) all the way back on 6/18 at SPAC...at least Uncle John’s finally found itself included (and played!) in the Set List (previous appearance also SPAC 6/18!). That being noted...

...Total Texas/Cowboy-themed 1st Set in Dallas, so points were earned from any number of related songs if that’s the trail you lit out on...

...Our Cowboy started out having had a hard run and really had to move, so, after busting jail and a couple shots of whiskey as a Wanted Man, found what seemed a common way to go, went down to Deep Elem (mindful to keep his money in his shoe), then ran into the Devil--who stole Cowboy's twenty-dollar bill and vanished in the air! Nightime would find him/her out in the West Texas town of El Paso, in Rosa’s cantina, where, after falling in vain for a Mexican maiden and some gunfighting, ultimately recieved a Farewell Kiss from Felina, before then shakin' it with Sugaree, asking just one thing of her: that she please forget she knew his/her name, and "just don't tell them you know me..."

...Leaving Texas the 4th day of July, with the sun so hot, the clouds so low and eagles filling the sky, our Cowboy apparently ate a peyote button--and ended up on Shakedown Street(!), then coming along with Uncle John’s Band before arriving at the Church of St. Stephen, encountering High green chilly winds and windy vines in loops around the twining shafts of lavender and a reading of an Eleven-beat-to-the-meter poem, before a trio of Rhythm Devils guided him/her Furthur along into Space...All of his/her friends then came around and ran to see him/her into some good lovin'...

...Finally, when it seemed like this night would last forever, and with nothing left to do but count the years, with the stars splattered in the sky and the moon having split the southwest horizon, and the screams of an eagle on the fly, our Cowboy walked alone, by the black muddy river, singing a song and dreaming a dream of his/her own... :whistle

:terrapinnation!