Setlist: DeadCo 6/26 Bristow

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
Griff

Re: Setlist: DeadCo 6/26 Bristow

Post by Griff » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:41 am

:terrapinnation!

:smileys-passing-joint

Last night was hot. Literally. And musically. Sound was awesome. Pit had space, yay!!!!!

Saw KC and Bakes, thanks again Bakes for getting my perfectly baked for almost the entire 1st set. As things got more full I backed out to the end of the pit where the dancing was free.

Went out the wrong way and by the time I walked around, got water, met a nice local kid, took pics of the sunset from the top and smoked a Joint with a nice lady.......it was show time again. Lol. Wandering obviously.

2nd set was my jam. I found the hippie dance party on the Jeff side of the stage. About 20+ of us just letting go and dancing in between each other. The trip of taking music and turning it into a physical action with a group of people together is surreal and freeing. Nothing left to do but smile smile smile.

Have fun TN at the next 3 shows and I will see the rest of you in Boulder next Friday. Buckle up!!!!!

Oh and song wise the China Rider and China Doll were amazing. 1st the highlights for me were Dire Wolf and Cumberland. And Throwing Stones but the Gorge version was better.

But best was Hard Rain. For me. My section there was no one taking thank goodness. Just a bunch of freaks totally letting go including me. And yes STFU. NYC during High Time and LAX. Ugh.

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Last night was awesome!

They came out hot with that Shakedown. I really enjoyed the ending of Bertha with Bob doing that vocal jam. When Bob picked up the acoustic I thought it was gonna be Peggy-O, but it was FOTD. I'm glad he held onto the acoustic and delivered on the Peggy-O. Cumberland was smokin'! I drove past Cumberland on the way to the show, so I should've know they were gonna play that one. The Throwing Stones was sweeeeet. At the very beginning of it, I thought we were getting a Foolish Heart, but I happily took a Throwing Stones. Al Franken was visible from the side stage during Cumberland, but he was noticeably gone during Throwing Stones :whistle

Set two started off sweet with that jam to start HCS. The Playin' really got out there as well. China Doll was BEAUTIFUL. I was in the middle of what could be described as a frat bro mosh pit for the China RIder and it was a blast. New Speedway out of Space was unexpected. I never thought of it as a Washington D.C. song, but it makes sense. Hard Rain was beautiful. US Blues was a blast. And I always love a Ripple to end the night.

Last night was only my second time in the pit for a D&C show. For the most part, there were very little show talkers. When there were the occasional talkers, I just moved a couple yards away and their sound disappeared. That's one of the joys of going to a show by yourself is that you can move at any point you want. Last night was it for me with seeing them this tour. I'm hoping for a fall tour so I can get back on the road!!

:terrapinnation!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Dharmada

Post by Dharmada » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:59 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:04 pm
For the most part, there were very little show talkers. When there were the occasional talkers, I just moved a couple yards away and their sound disappeared. That's one of the joys of going to a show by yourself is that you can move at any point you want.
Talkers will talk. Take a step in any direction and that’s where you belong.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:57 am

The flag made it to Bristow, just a little delay in the posting! :sunshine

DeadDuck, Mrs. DC, Dripping Colors, Dr. bakes