Setlist Dead & Company Citi Field, Flushing, NY 6/23/2019

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
MorningGlory

Re: Setlist Dead & Company Citi Field, Flushing, NY 6/23/2019

Post by MorningGlory » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:55 am

Another fabulous show! Loved the lead guitar break toward the end of Sugaree and the Scarlet into Fire.

Griff

Post by Griff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 am

Well, first off need to thank Sue for posting my pics and always with great commentary. Hope that it enhances the couch tour and helps to give a feel for the night.

Most of my friends like to be close and don’t mind limited space, not me. I like space, lol, and to move around and be free. So as I do that and see a scene worthy of sharing I grab my phone and send it to Sue.

Per the earlier comments it was more crowded last night then at Foxboro but not as bad as it looked. I was on the Oteil side through Sugaree for 1st set and it was crowded but not too bad but lots of people walking through and talking. Ouch. Why? During High Time. Damn almost worse then the LAX audience. Please STFU!!!

The JM side of the pit was awesome. Open. Lots of cool hippies, my kinda place. So much fun.

And well the music was pretty darn good. Althea was just smoking and the Dew made people dance as crazy as I’ve seen in years. Lol. Including me. Inspiration.

Now the music stopping in the stadium was a riot. The band kept playing. They totally didn’t know. I mean literally. Which means that they really only hear through their ear piece monitor. Wow. Weird. How could you not tell???

I played in a band and had that happen once. We could tell immediately.

But a special weekend. See you on Wednesday in Bristow!!

Tone Weaver

Post by Tone Weaver » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:05 am

Mayer was floating on air. I swear Wolf was levitating him!

Steve Kimock also loved playing Wolf:

Jerry set his later stuff up with higher than normal action and kinda extreme relief in the neck. Light strings, very squirrelly action, very expressive.
By the time I got to Wolf and the Travis Bean he was long gone and the set-up was fairly conventional.
The Wolf was noteable for how quickly the neck picked up reinforcement from the body.
You know how on some guitars the response improves, picks up some weight and authority over the neck to body joint?
That impression began on the Wolf around the 4th fret. The guitar just sang on the top strings immediately.
Super playable. Not the tiniest bit dead or unresponsive in that way we think of some neck-thru types.
I've played all kinds of very cool/rare guitars along the way, and lean heavily toward the old classics, but if offered the best of the old black guard Tele's or grail LP's, I wouldn't hesitate to pick Wolf over any of them.
I don't get the sense the Wolf's response was intentional or designed in.
I'm thinking it was entirely serendipitous, that guitar just worked out. Lucky accident.
It made everything else I ever owned or played feel like a toy.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... 476/page-2

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 am

DeweyDeadhead wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:00 am
Just got back from the show- was sitting in the 100s level in right field and literally the sound went out- I imagine only the ppl in the pit could hear- it was definitely funny because it wasn’t apparent to the band that nobody could hear. Really cool moment when the crowd took up singing Fire! Speakers also went out during drums- a *silent drums* bustout
Kind of like 1990 Carter Findley Stadium, Raleigh NC.
Once they realized there was no sound during Promised Land, they left the stage, came back a few later and picked up where they left off.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am

Superdave

Post by Superdave » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Great show and vibe last night. On the field and very open near the back on both sides near towers. Amazing 2nd set with Althea which JM ripped. The whole second set was great and loved ending to 1st. Nice surprise opening with St. Stephen. An overall great show.

What happened to the sound during the end of Fire? Very strange