tonight's stream.

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
LostSailor

Re: tonight's stream.

Post by LostSailor » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 am

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Allen or Stu lately?
The much anticipated JGB tour with John K started last night and continues tomorrow. Is there anybody out there?
What’s new is old, what’s old is gone
You’re pushed up to the edge, so put your wingsuit on

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 am

LostSailor wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 am
The much anticipated JGB tour with John K started last night and continues tomorrow. Is there anybody out there?
I'm completely mystified and frustrated at the disappearance of the JK streams. And seriously, I really hope Alan is OK, because when JKB played in his home town and he wasn't streaming that was more worrisome than the lack of music. I sure hope we get to hear this new combo at some point. And if anyone in the JK Facebook group knows anything they can share, it would be appreciated. :?

LostSailor

Post by LostSailor » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Sorry guys, JGB just finished at the Hot August festival at 3:00 EST (JGB's website said 8:00 pm). Anthony Otero was streaming it on mixlr ,so hopefully he'll add it to his showreel too.
No new additions to Alan's showreel since the May FOTW shows in Sacramento :|

rippleish20

Post by rippleish20 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 am

SunshineSue wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:52 am
LostSailor wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 am
I'm completely mystified and frustrated at the disappearance of the JK streams. And seriously, I really hope Alan is OK, because when JKB played in his home town and he wasn't streaming that was more worrisome than the lack of music. I sure hope we get to hear this new combo at some point. And if anyone in the JK Facebook group knows anything they can share, it would be appreciated. :?
Sorry, I have been pre-occupied with life events recently. I see some of you are wondering what exactly has happened such that JK streams and recordings have largely disappeared, and/or why the usual suspects have been quiet in general :shock: Unfortunately, a combination of different scenarios and events had led to a "Perfect Storm" in the last couple of months in terms of JK streams (and recordings). Some of this has been building over the last couple of years. Bob sticks to shows in the general DC area and John has been playing a lot less in that area over the last couple of years. The Ardmore changed to using nugs for video streaming and Stu has given up on streaming and has just been going to local shows also. Fred, BF and I have all had "life changes" occur in the last couple of months which have prevented or distracted us from getting to shows. I am fairly certain Denver and SF area shows will be streamed by other people, but streams of JK shows are likely to be intermittent for the short term.

The timing of the upstate New York JKB run was particularly unfortunate. I was out of the state that week; the arrangements were made before I knew about the run.

DC Music Review actually streamed JKB w/JKs set (the soundboard). It started at 1PM. They recorded it so it should show up at some point. Some taper friends recorded the Bethel show and that should how up also.

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:40 pm

The amount of streams and recordings from such a small number of folks has been nothing less than a miracle over the years, y'all deserve a break :lol:

I may not have your quality of sound, but I aim to stream whenever he's around Boulder & Denver.
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am

I think with the rise of webcasts and periscopes that audio streaming is suddenly not "good enough" to satiate the masses. Just my opinion. Also I hate to say it but people are rude. The final straw for my streaming endeavors was when people were purposely coming up and yelling in my mic. Just became not worth it to me personally anymore. :hand Would rather just enjoy the show.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

LostSailor

Post by LostSailor » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:55 pm

8/17 JK+JGB Is in Anthony Otero' s mixlr showreel now :clap
lots of talkers wth

Really hoping for a Nugs webcast from TXR 9/28 Phil+JK+JGB

rippleish20

Post by rippleish20 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:16 pm

In the case of me, Fred and BF, it has nothing to do with needing a break or being cynical about streaming.

At any rate, here is good audio from 8/17

https://soundcloud.com/will-urquhart/se ... jgb-at-hot

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Just re-read my post a couple of times and still don't see where I said "rippleish20 is being cynical about streaming". If I lay out my opinion on a subject I can assure you it's not a personal attack or a guess as to what your personal situation or stance is. :roll:

Welcome back to the board and I'm glad everything is ok. I think TN was just a little concerned since we hadn't heard from you. That's why I love this site.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Hot Tuna live from Boston! :guitarred

http://mixlr.com/annielaidherhairdown/