Thanks 23
Without love in the dream, it will never come true

SunshineSue

Re: 2019 TN Fantasy Football Thread

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:29 pm

23atwell wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm
I can tell my co worker we dont need him so its a TN League
Dire Wolf and Amanda, if you're both committed, we do always prefer it to be members when possible, so that sounds good to me! Confirm if you're both in, and then we're good to go!

Atwell, if we get an 11th member of TN speaking up in the next day or two, your buddy could be the 12th, maybe?? You know the recruitment effort is appreciated and I hate to dump someone who's interested, but it is nicer if it's all board folks. :think

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:30 pm

I was happy to be the 10th if you were at 9 and needed another, and I'm happy to be a 12th if you end up with 11 and need another. I play in several other leagues so it's really no big deal for me, I just figured if you needed one I'd be that one. But I have no problem if Amanda wants a spot!

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:32 pm

It sounds like Amanda and Dire Wolf are teams 9 and 10 for this season, and hopefully many more! :cheer:

Just to confirm, there is a $50 buy in for this league, and being an active manager all season is expected. Lack of participation may lead to loud Justin Beiber music being played outside your home. :mrgreen:

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Yes I will play then! Do we have an idea of when the draft is yet?

AmandaS45

Post by AmandaS45 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Sorry for starting this last minute, lol.

I’ve only been doing a free league the last few years and no one has paid attention, so it’s kinda been a bummer and not as fun, so if there is a spot available, I’d definitely been in if it’s alright.

Do you have a date/time and is it through the nfl app?
Without love in the dream, it will never come true

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

DireWolf wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 pm
Yes I will play then! Do we have an idea of when the draft is yet?
That's the next decision. And if you think the discussion over league membership took awhile, just wait until you see what it takes to pick a draft date. We are just way too nice!! :rofl

Seriously though, we should get that firmed up quickly. Like you, a lot of us are in multiple leagues, so even if it's a challenge, we really do try to find a time and date that works for the majority, if not everyone. Throw in your preferences now and let's watch Denver Man start tearing his hair out! :sunshine

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:41 pm

AmandaS45 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Sorry for starting this last minute, lol.

I’ve only been doing a free league the last few years and no one has paid attention, so it’s kinda been a bummer and not as fun, so if there is a spot available, I’d definitely been in if it’s alright.

Do you have a date/time and is it through the nfl app?
See above about setting the draft time. I do a lot of free leagues, too, and even though they're OK, this is definitely a lot more fun!! It's based at Yahoo. Denver Man is the commissioner and will send you guys an invitation. You can use the TN PM system to send him your email address. I'm kind of jumping in here just because I happen to be on line and I'm excited and overcaffeinated at the moment. :D

OK, I'm going to go do another mock draft. Gotta get in that fix!! :jumpeveryone

23atwell

Post by 23atwell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:07 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:29 pm
23atwell wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm
I can tell my co worker we dont need him so its a TN League
Dire Wolf and Amanda, if you're both committed, we do always prefer it to be members when possible, so that sounds good to me! Confirm if you're both in, and then we're good to go!

Atwell, if we get an 11th member of TN speaking up in the next day or two, your buddy could be the 12th, maybe?? You know the recruitment effort is appreciated and I hate to dump someone who's interested, but it is nicer if it's all board folks. :think

Sound good to me!
Im going to sit right here until I die

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Holy moly! I step away for a couple of hours....

Well dang let me see if I understand where we are at. :think

I removed Jerry in Red. Sue is absolutely correct we are waaaaay too nice here and all it has done is create a frustrating environment. My new rule is going to be if I can't get a hold of you in a reasonable amount of time I'm going to remove you from the league. I post here, I PM here and I can email through Yahoo. If I can't get a hold of people through those multiple means than I don't know what to say. :hand

So we have 8 then if we add Dire Wolf (glad you want to join!!), Amanda (welcome to TN by the way!! :welcomewave ) and Ryan's friend that would make 11. HOWEVER according to my new rule I should also remove Jim M. it kinda sucks because he's been in our league since the beginning but every year it is just too hard to get a hold of him. Anyways in that case we would be at 10. I haven't removed him yet but........

Ok off my soapbox. :smokesmile
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good