2019 TN Fantasy Football Thread

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Denver Man

2019 TN Fantasy Football Thread

Post by Denver Man » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello football fans!!

Last year's league has been renewed meaning everyone who played last year should have received an email notification.

Here is who was in last year -

Me
Azniner
23atwell
Sunshine Sue
boxorain
kevin
KC Jones
James M.
James
Bryce

I'm guessing not everyone is going to return … but let's start getting it figured out.

Entry fee is $50. 1st = $300, 2nd = $150 3rd = $50 assuming 10 teams, would change if there are 12

You can paypal our treasurer the $50 at 23atwell@gmail.com or you send money to
Ryan Atwell
26359 Mission Blvd
Hayward CA 94544
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

KC.Jones

Re: 2019 TN Fantasy Football Thread

Post by KC.Jones » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Let's go!! This is the most excited I've been about the start of a football season in possibly forever. We doing $50 buy-in again?
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm

$50 sounds good to me

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm

While I have everyone's attention I'm going to shamelessly promote a Dynasty fantasy league I'm trying to get started. Right now I have six solid yes's to join and I'm trying to get to ten. It'll be an annual $100 buy in. The way dynasty works is you keep the same team you had when the last season ended. Every summer there's a rookie draft and you get to keep those players on a your practice squad for a year or two before you're forced to promote or drop them. When drafting your initial team you want to think big picture, not just one season's worth of playing. You can add/drop/trade players throughout the season as well, but what you have at the end of the year is what you start with next season.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:22 pm

I’m in DM, I’ll activate 🍺 Beer for my Horses 🐎

KC, count me in on that Dynasty league too...thanks for the offer
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm
While I have everyone's attention I'm going to shamelessly promote a Dynasty fantasy league I'm trying to get started. Right now I have six solid yes's to join and I'm trying to get to ten. It'll be an annual $100 buy in. The way dynasty works is you keep the same team you had when the last season ended. Every summer there's a rookie draft and you get to keep those players on a your practice squad for a year or two before you're forced to promote or drop them. When drafting your initial team you want to think big picture, not just one season's worth of playing. You can add/drop/trade players throughout the season as well, but what you have at the end of the year is what you start with next season.
I would LOVE to do this! Have always wanted to do dynasty. But I have a lot to learn :shock:

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Denver Man wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:25 pm

I would LOVE to do this! Have always wanted to do dynasty. But I have a lot to learn :shock:
Same here with the learning curve. We're starting it from scratch and are trying to keep it around for many years.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Yippee, the best thread of every year, thanks, DM!! The China Cats have nowhere to go but up after last season and are ready to claw their way back into championship form!! :cheer:

KC, I'd like to commit to the dynasty league, too, if I could get an invite. I'm in a keeper league, but I'd like to get into a real dynasty league from its initial season. Thanks for the post! :thumbsup

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:41 pm

It's (almost) the most wonderful time of the Year !!! :jumpclap :jumpeveryone :woo

I'm okay with $50 :D :D :D
Smell Every Flower

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm
KC, I'd like to commit to the dynasty league, too, if I could get an invite. I'm in a keeper league, but I'd like to get into a real dynasty league from its initial season. Thanks for the post! :thumbsup
Looks like we’re turning this Dynasty thing into a GD thing too. Weir everyweir :bears2
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’