Fall Tour Updates: Nassau on sale now

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
terrapinjoel

Re: Fall Tour Updates: NASSAU ADDED! 11/5-6

Post by terrapinjoel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:54 pm

My poor poor scene. Omg. Speechless. Going to DSO in Boulder, a nice low key 35$ show. More my speed.

Griff

Re: Fall Tour Updates: Weir Wolf Bros Cali jaunt in September

Post by Griff » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:41 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:59 pm
Another rumor for DeadCo dates:

10/31 Madison Square Garden
11/1 Madison Square Garden
11/5 Nassau Coliseum
11/6 Nassau Coliseum
11/8 Hampton, VA
11/9 Hampton, VA
12/27 Las Vegas
12/28 Los Angeles
12/30 San Francisco
12/31 San Francisco

Just passing along for no real reason. I doubt that the top touring act of the summer will simply play two weeks in 3 cities and not again till end of December, but hey anything's possible.....

Patch, this was it man. You called it. It sure looks like it’s gonna follow this schedule. But why not announce the whole thing? Hmmmm.

Ghost Wind

Post by Ghost Wind » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:22 pm

You can only register for 1 Nassau show? Whats up with that? I was able to register for both MSG shows and grab $99 plus fees tix for both nights. Are they only letting you do one @ Nassau so you are forced to pay inflated prices for one of the shows if you want to do both? Also, what is with the release of dates piecemeal? First time this has been done to my knowledge, and it royally sucks.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 pm

B/c I’m burnt and cynical...I don’t even bother registering...feels like too much work. Can always get tix at or below face a few days before if ya poke around.

After they make another 3 mil a piece off these shows...And the rich man in his summer home...

Let’s

🐺 Bring on the Wolfies 🐺
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Ghost Wind wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm
The latest from Scott Allen on FB.

Dead and Company have added two shows at the Nassau Coliseum on November 5 and 6 to their "Fun Run" fall tour. As foretold here, we have been duped by Dead & Co., their management team, which includes the despicable henchman Irving Azoff, and the equally despicable Live Nation. This is definitely a case of the band sleeping with dogs and waking up with fleas.

Dead & Co. announced a four-date mini-tour two weeks ago that only included a series of weekend dates in New York City and Hampton, VA. Those two shows generated a ticket-buying mania steeped in terms like "pre-registration," "verified fan" and, worse of all, scaled ticket priced," the latter a ten-cent term for "legalized scalping."

The chaos and madness created among Deadheads is an affront to all of us, a low-brow, low-class move unprecedented in Grateful Dead concert and ticket history. As I wrote, it was unlikely Dead & Co. would hit the road for a just handful of dates; no different than the Grateful Dead, there's an organization and machinery that needs to get paid to keep rolling.

And that machinery starts with Irving Azoff (photo below with Harvey Weinstein), who co-manages both Dead & Co. and John Mayer and is also the manager of what is left of the Eagles manager. Azoff is best known for commanding the highest ticket prices in rock history during the Glen Frey-era of the Eagles. Since Frey's untimely death in 2016, Azoff has shamelessly passed off an incarnate of the band that includes one original member, Frey's son, and country star Vince Gill. There are more original members of the Eagles (two — Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner) not in the band than there are original members (Don Henley) in their current configuration.

In 2018, Azoff was oversaw the merger of Live Nation, the world's largest live-entertainment company, with Ticketmaster.

Prior to the ticket pre-sale for the Dead & Co. gigs at Madison Square Garden on October 31 and November 1, fans were forced to go through a pre-sale registration process that also included a "fan verification" process. By the time 'Heads got around to buying tickets, most were drained from waiting to learn if we would be: a) selected to have the opportunity to purchase tickets, or; b) "wait listed" for the chance to buy ducats.

It was all a shameless, unethical ruse.

Adding dates at Nassau, and the entire ticket-buying process for both the Garden and Hampton, married us to our Garden and Hampton tickets. At the prices commanded for the two Garden shows - $330 a ticket to sit in section 115 with a $50 surcharge per ticket - means most fans won't have the dough to lay out a few more hundred in hard-earned bucks to buy tickets to the Nassau shows and the Las Vegas gigs that will go on sale next.

As for Live Nation, they'd allow 12-year-olds in Beijing to hand print tickets if it meant increased profits. One fan who had enough was quoted as saying: "I'd love to see legislation requiring Live Nation to disclose what percentage of tickets are being sold at presale and through premium outlets like Platinum and CID," stated long-time 'Head Diane Andrea, an administrator of the Weir Here Listening Party page. "We deserve this transparency at presale before deciding whether to buy tickets."

Ms. Andrea was ripped by yokels passing themselves off as Deadheads for her opinion. She not only turned out to be spot on but her line of thinking also illustrated the non-transparent and unethical practice of staggered show announcements by Dead and Co. The Dead writer Dean Sotillie, who agreed with me when I wrote we should be leery of the entire ticket-buying process (with Sotillie stating on this page that were definitely going to be more shows added, citing the two Nassau dates), was also ridiculed by so-called Deadheads.

Live Nation and Irving Azoff are odd, and terrible, bedfellows for Dead & Co to lie down with.

For the second time in four years, the two Garden dates shit all over Phil's three-night run at the Capitol Theatre; to wit, none of the three Cap shows are sold out, including Mr. Lesh's gig on Halloween.

If you truly want bang for your buck, go see Phil in Port Chester. Tickets are available and fairly priced and the entire Grateful Dead catalog is in play.

This is also the cost of doing business with John Mayer, who is, as stated, managed by Azoff. If you're going to partner with a star of John's caliber, you're going to sign the deal at the Crossroads and operate in a financial stratosphere so high that, as I previously stated, Bill the Drummer, with almost zero song-writing royalties to his credit, can buy a $10 million water-front mansion in Malibu.

At the time of his passing, Jerry's entire estate was valued at $10 million.

I'm not knocking Bill. Good for him and his family, he certainly earned it. But it does demonstrate the type of money being made by the machine that has morphed into Dead & Co.

I'm happy the band added more dates for this fall, as music fans and Deadheads from all over deserve to see Dead and Co. live and, confidentially, I like to couch tour. On the other hand, more shows unequivocally equates to having duped us into participating in a ticket-buying frenzy akin to a scene straight out of a Black Friday holiday sale in a Jersey mall.

— Scott
September 5, 2019
Wow, talk about a joke of an "article." :rofl
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 pm

I've had my Nassau hotel booked for months! Can't wait!!

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am

KC.Jones wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:54 pm
There is some great history in that building ~Spring 90~
Did you get the hotel in the lot?
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:21 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am
KC.Jones wrote:
I didn't get the one right across the street cuz it didn't allow for reservations that're free to cancel. I went with the red roof inn that's 2.5 miles from the venue. Gonna be a blast!!

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:48 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:25 am
KC.Jones wrote:
Stayed there Dead 09’...so convenient. The $17 hotel drinks, not so much :colorwave

Love the Nassau
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:53 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
I thought about you when the Nauseum shows were announced. Good on ya!