Fall Tour Updates: Nassau on sale now

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Griff

Re: Fall Tour Updates: On sale now

Post by Griff » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:02 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:41 pm
I was invited by some friends to Halloweekend at MSG, but $200+ for seats? Not even 'good' ones? No thanks.

I was gonna rename the thread "on sale now, if you can afford it" ....lol

Too bad. I would love to go to MSG (and NYC in general) for my first time.
Totally true brother. The prices were well, pricey. :shock: :?

The presale day the technology totally failed for me except when I clicked on the $900 a piece tickets. The gen pub sales was a race. I’ll admit as much as I love my gal now having to get 2 tickets versus one is much harder. :cry:

Change it to if you can afford and got your technology your to work thread.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm

I didn’t even try but if I did...wouldn’t be paying $200. They didn’t have nosebleeds for $50 - $75? Can always roam
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:49 pm

I was considering maybe checking Cashortrade in the coming weeks, but right now it seems like 80% of the postings there are in search of tickets, 1% are for sale at stupid prices, and the rest have been snatched.

EDIT: I am fully anticipating a New Years' run......so maybe I will focus my energies on that opportunity, since it will presumably be closer.

EDIT 2: There's a petition https://www.change.org/p/dead-company-a ... jb=1702766

terrapinjoel

Post by terrapinjoel » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Gone are the days.... Man ticket prices through the roof, makes me wonder who is in the crowd. Mail order, decorated envelopes, tickets in the teens$; is a faded memory.
I'm worried for the community.

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:54 pm

terrapinjoel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:50 pm
Gone are the days.... Man ticket prices through the roof, makes me wonder who is in the crowd. Mail order, decorated envelopes, tickets in the teens$; is a faded memory.
And DSO only sets a brother back a c-note for three shows. Hopefully our paths will cross before too long.
Shakedown Street, 10/11; Performing all three sets from the Warfield from 10/11/80 (Boulder)
Steely Dead, 10/26 (Boulder)
Kind Hearted Strangers w/ two other bands, 11/16 (Boulder)
Dead Floyd, 12/20 (Boulder)

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Went on the Hub for the hell of it and floors are like $500 to $1,000. Wild. MSG run two years ago I grabbed a set for $99 each from TM, just a week before the show. I guess announcing 4 show tours has its benefits 8-) :arrow: :roll: :arrow: :whistle
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Griff

Post by Griff » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:06 pm
Went on the Hub for the hell of it and floors are like $500 to $1,000. Wild. MSG run two years ago I grabbed a set for $99 each from TM, just a week before the show. I guess announcing 4 show tours has its benefits 8-) :arrow: :roll: :arrow: :whistle
Yep. That’s when we met as I gave that 2nd night ticket away for you. It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe it’s just the 4. But if not, enquiring minds want to know.

terrapinjoel

Post by terrapinjoel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 am

strangerinboulder wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:54 pm
terrapinjoel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:50 pm
And DSO only sets a brother back a c-note for three shows. Hopefully our paths will cross before too long.
Agreed my brother. Agreed.

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 am

Was out of town when tickets went on sale, beyond cell service. I managed to register for a code, but was wait listed anyway. Not sure I even understand what went down. Was $145 the cheapest ticket? I guess only having four shows bumped up demand. If this is what indoor shows are going to cost, I'll wait until Summer and lawn seats, which I like better anyway. Too bad because I was psyched to get back to Hampton after all these decades ( I was there for the Box of rain Break out in 86). DSO is coming to the Midwest this fall and that's always a great time.

DireWolf

Post by DireWolf » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:15 am

DrippingColors wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 am
Was out of town when tickets went on sale, beyond cell service. I managed to register for a code, but was wait listed anyway. Not sure I even understand what went down. Was $145 the cheapest ticket? I guess only having four shows bumped up demand. If this is what indoor shows are going to cost, I'll wait until Summer and lawn seats, which I like better anyway. Too bad because I was psyched to get back to Hampton after all these decades ( I was there for the Box of rain Break out in 86). DSO is coming to the Midwest this fall and that's always a great time.
For what it's worth, during Hampton presale we got tickets to both nights at $70 + $20 (fees) and there were cheaper available, I think $45 or maybe $55 + fees.