Did Bobby really say.....

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
dr bakes

Did Bobby really say.....

Post by dr bakes » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 pm

After She Belongs to me, paraphrase: "If you want just exactly perfect, your going to have to wait 2 or 3 shows".
Imo not exactly a confident Bobstar, i saw some YouTube and i thought it lacked the dynamic GD interplay that i so love. Still very excited to see the Warner DC show, but calling Jk or SK. I love Bobby Ace no matter what.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Equinox

Re: Did Bobby really say.....

Post by Equinox » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:36 pm

This is just the beginning. I'm wondering if there's eventually going to be a series of guests the way there was on the Phil and Bobby tour in March.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:49 pm

I think he just meant the band was getting warmed up. Seems he feels the band needs a few more gigs together to get things going. I expect there to be an occasional guest, but I don't believe that will be occurring consistently. What do I know though... :thumbsup
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:24 am

dr bakes wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 pm
After She Belongs to me, paraphrase: "If you want just exactly perfect, your going to have to wait 2 or 3 shows".
Imo not exactly a confident Bobstar, i saw some YouTube and i thought it lacked the dynamic GD interplay that i so love. Still very excited to see the Warner DC show, but calling Jk or SK. I love Bobby Ace no matter what.
He’s a professional truouble maker so yes, of course he said that. All that dynamic interplay ain’t gonna happen in most trio’s. At least with one guitarist. But you gotta remember, the Bobstar has some major interplay all by himself lol. I love this stripped down stuff...my fav.

Dr, you want my DC ticket? Can’t make the trek
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:24 am
dr bakes wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 pm
He’s a professional truouble maker so yes, of course he said that. All that dynamic interplay ain’t gonna happen in most trio’s. At least with one guitarist. But you gotta remember, the Bobstar has some major interplay all by himself lol. I love this stripped down stuff...my fav.

Dr, you want my DC ticket? Can’t make the trek
Thanks, I'm already ticketed
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Lets also remember, Don Was is an amazing player. I was lucky enough to see him in the early 80s with his first band Was (Not Was) and they were fantastic.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"