Mayer Wants to Create a New 'Male Contract'

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
LostSailor

Re: Mayer Wants to Create a New 'Male Contract'

Post by LostSailor » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 pm

"Even a single drop of politics at a show is too much. I really don't give a fuck" - Trey Anastasio :clap :clap :clap :clap

Halloween with Phish in Vegas :woo
What musical costume will they choose this year?
Elvis Is Dead :rockon

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:49 pm

LostSailor wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:08 pm
"Even a single drop of politics at a show is too much. I really don't give a fuck" - Trey Anastazio :clap :clap :clap :clap

Halloween with Phish in Vegas :woo
What musical costume will they choose this year?
Heard him say that the other day and gave him a standing O in my living room. Trey is real
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

acid test graduate

Post by acid test graduate » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:20 pm
Couldn’t agree more man. Well said. And as far as saying it doesn’t ruin the music but it will ruin a desire to go back...I hear ya. David Crosby, one of my all time fav vocalists, will be 9 mins from my house next month. Not going. Even tho I agree with much of what’s he’s saying...doesn’t matter if I agreed 100%. Dropping $100 for a reprieve... not to be reminded of the same old bullshit. At least the old crusties have remained consistent, even if transparent. The cool guy Mayer’s all of a sudden preaching the hot topic word, even tho his past is the exact opposite...horseshit look at me I’m the most compassionate coolest person in the room. Okay dude...take another ego pill would ya

First I'd like to say I've never been big on Mayer playing with the boys. I've always felt John K earned the spot, but we all know the politics of that. However I'll be the first to give him credit for making a lot of effort to learn the repertoire and look confident doing his job.
That aside, in defense of him, 1. he's been spending a lot of time around guys old enough to be his dad. Maybe some of that has rubbed off. 2. He has reached age of 40, or will soon, so let's say he's matured a bit. Plus he's had some health issues, which can foster a new perspective 3. If I was compatible with Katy Perry that just might prompt me to consider a truly monogamous relationship (her music is another matter). She's easy on the eyes, plus financially stable...and let's face it those are appealing attributes.
People can change, that's all I'm saying.

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:45 pm

acid test graduate wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 pm
If I was compatible with Katy Perry that just might prompt me to consider a truly monogamous relationship (her music is another matter). She's easy on the eyes, plus financially stable...and let's face it those are appealing attributes.
Whoa now buddy, you better calm down that toxic masculinity of yours!

:jester
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised