Nominated for post of the year :guitarred
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Griff

Re: Peeps gotta start posting round heha

Post by Griff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Kevin wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:45 pm
I seem to have the best times when I don’t wear underwear :jester
That would be all the time for me, I gave up on undies about 10 years ago. Just gotta be free

:colorwave

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am

I have a vehicle I use sporadically for work and in the CD player for at least a year is the Allman Bros 5/1/73 Uniondale show. Man..it never gets old, only better. Specifically the second CD:

Trouble No More
You Don’t Love Me
Les Brers in A Minor
Whipping Post
Mountain Jam

And it’s crazy to think that Oakley and Duane were already gone at this point. It’s just magical transcendent music. Blows my mind. Lamar Williams on bass is beyond superb and well...I guess I never really gave Dickey Betts his due but, f*ckn A man...he’s absolutely incredible

MontrealJared

Post by MontrealJared » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am

Boxorain wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:34 am
Anyone ever have a fried bologna sandwich? Highly recommended
Next time you’re in Montreal I’ll be happy to bring you to Wikensky.

http://top2000.ca/wilenskys/index.htm
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm

MontrealJared wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am
Boxorain wrote:

I’m taking you up on that offer...as long as they let long haired bearded freaks into your country

MontrealJared

Post by MontrealJared » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:32 pm
MontrealJared wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 am
Boxorain wrote:

I’m taking you up on that offer...as long as they let long haired bearded freaks into your country
I used to be a long haired bearded freak myself once upon a time
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:29 pm

You want to see a fuckn kickass band live....SPAFFORD. Mind blown last night. A few times I even elevated off the ground...been awhile since I caught air :guitarred

acid test graduate

Post by acid test graduate » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 pm
I know there’s at least 30 regulars round here. We gotta Start regularly posting ladies and gents. Doesn’t have to revolve around touring or music or even fried clams. Stuff about nonsense. Stuff about sense. Stuff about scallops or even smelts. And everything in between. We’re a fine respectful community that has a lot in common from the roots of the GD. Even more in common by the fact that we’re all fundamentally flawed but beautiful
H U M A N B E I N G S. Let’s get TN moving again...will lead to some righteous joinage from genuine good mofos lurking as guests. Hop abound brothers and sisters :hop :pinkbunny :hop :pinkbunny
:terrapinnation! :terrapinnation! :listen

Since the days of the Furthur forum I've come to know some of the people who post here. I've never met any personally, although I got to know one person pretty well through regularly keeping in touch. Having done a little catching up on the activity 'round here, I'm blown away at the diversity of folks. Everyone has one thing in common, yet we differ on issues and leaders to a degree that leaves me dumbfounded.

When I went to Dead shows something I'd do every once in a while was ask a security guard if he'd seen my friend. I'd say, he has long hair, a beard, and is wearing one of those tie-dyed shirts. The security guard would say "shit, that's half the people here!" In one instance I asked a security guard what he thought of the crowd. He said "last week we had AC/DC and those people were crazy...drunk and a pain, but this crowd is the nicest bunch, real polite".
Can you imagine being a security guard at a concert venue? Might make you a bit jaded. It made me proud to think the group of folks to which I consider myself one of was praised by someone who might just write us off as a bunch of stoners lost in a vacuum.

So I ask myself, what would the current occupant of 1600 say about the Grateful Dead, and our happy band of odd balls? I imagine he'd say we are like this :smileys-passing-joint 24/7, and lost in space. Besides, he'd say, those guys reformed in 2008 to support that guy who I want nothing more than to erase his legacy. So I guess you could forget about the Donald having ever gone to a Dead show. His wife, maybe. Steve Bannon? Maybe, but I see him as more of a 70's MOR guy. If he'd been to a Dead show I could see him imagining how he could mobilize this group into becoming conservatives (i.e. spreading rumors Jerry is really a republican, and Bob Weir wears Izod shirts so that's a sign, etc.) Any of the administration? It's hard to keep track of them given the revolving door over the last two years. Jeff Sessions? Nah. I don't think any of them would fit within the criteria of when the security guard sung our praises.

I've followed politics going back to the Watergate hearings. I vividly remember the night Nixon resigned. Who wasn't watching their tv's that night?
Yet despite that moment I've never witnessed anything like what we have today. The polarization of this country will distinguish this moment now in history books.

I see another thread has been locked. I didn't see anyone throwin' stones. I discuss current issues regularly with those whom I disagree, and never, ever, resort to name calling, or insinuating someone is stupid, et al. I had a friend back in the day, who was a serious Dead head, and had moved to SF in '67. Oddly he supported Reagan in the 80's, and we'd discuss this my not being pro-Raygun. We didn't cease being friends. I guess I don't know why we can't discuss certain issues without someone thinking we shouldn't, even when there's civil discourse. I'm curious who those who consider themselves Dead heads and are pro-Trump are, and why. Then again, I don't do anything to keep this site running, so maybe I have no right to bitch. So many questions...so few answers.

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:45 am

^ music unites...politics divides. Factual. Plenty of other sites to discuss the silliness.