Phil & Friends Hollywood Bowl line-up??

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
LostSailor

Phil & Friends Hollywood Bowl line-up??

Post by LostSailor » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:48 pm

10/21 Willie Nelson's outlaw music fest
Last edited by LostSailor on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvis Is Dead :rockon

MontrealJared

Re: Phil & Friends Hollywood Bowl line-up??

Post by MontrealJared » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 am

I will have to miss this. I have tickets to see Australian Pink Floyd in Canada.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you.

slipknotmr

Post by slipknotmr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:14 am

So has anyone heard anything? thanks

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:39 pm

This is coming up fast! Hope there's a webcast, the great line-up sure merits it! :dance

Outlaw Music Festival Announces Hollywood Bowl Stop Featuring Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh & More

The Outlaw Music Festival multi-city tour has been expanded into October. Organizers announced the lineup for an Outlaw Music Festival stop at the iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles on October 21.

As usual, Willie Nelson & Family will headline as they have each and every Outlaw Music Festival date since the event first hit the road last year. Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh will make his Outlaw debut at the Hollywood Bowl, where he’ll lead Phil Lesh & Friends through a set. Outlaw Country stars Sturgill Simpson and Margo Price are also aboard as are Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real and Particle Kid.

“I’m excited to play the Bowl with my old pal, Phil Lesh,” said Willie Nelson in a statement announcing the concert. “I’m sure there will be some magical music moments for all the fans.”

“Willie is so American, you know, in the finest sense. Classic,” added Phil Lesh. “I’ve hoped to get back on the stage with him again for a long time now.”

https://www.jambase.com/article/outlaw- ... -phil-lesh

LostSailor

Post by LostSailor » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 am

The Hollywood Bowl line-up remains a mystery, but Phil-O-Ween is back with Jimmy Herring :happyhalloween: https://www.phillesh.net
Elvis Is Dead :rockon

splatter_face

Post by splatter_face » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:54 pm

This sure does sound promising

PHIL LESH & FRIENDS
PHIL LESH & THE TERRAPIN FAMILY BAND ft. KARL DENSON (11.1) & JIMMY HERRING
PORT CHESTER, NY
NOV 1 & 2, 2018
TICKETS

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Too bad there wasn't a webcast, or even a stream I could find, looks like a fun night. Here's a review from JamBase:

Outlaw Music Festival :: 10.21.18
Hollywood Bowl :: Hollywood, CA

The 2018 season of the Outlaw Music Festival closed out with the traveling festival’s first-ever West Coast date at the famed Hollywood Bowl on Sunday. Yesterday’s concert marked Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh‘s Outlaw Music Festival debut. Lesh performed as part of a Phil Lesh & Friends lineup that also featured multi-instrumentalists Jackie Greene and Jason Crosby as well as drummer Nathan Graham and guitarist Cris Jacobs.

The action started at Hollywood Bowl with a set from Micah Nelson’s Particle Kid before Lukas Nelson & Promise of The Real took the stage at the iconic venue. Country singer Margo Price then led her band at the Bowl ahead of a set from Sturgill Simpson. Next, Phil Lesh & Friends delivered a nine-song set that saw Jacobs and Greene trade vocal duties and guitar riffs for the majority of the performance. Jackie shined in particular on “Shakedown Street,” while Cris showed off his powerful pipes on “Sugaree.” Lesh welcomed Margo Price to help on the “Turn On Your Love Light” closer. Willie Nelson & Family ended the night with a set that included many of his most beloved songs. Nelson, wearing a Dodgers jersey, brought out Phil Lesh and Margo Price for a medley of “I Saw The Light,” “I’ll Fly Away” and “Will The Circle Be Unbroken” to end the evening. Check out photos by Steve Rose and assorted videos:

https://www.jambase.com/article/phil-le ... ywood-bowl

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Drummer Nathan Graham, is this the former John K DC Mystery Cats drummer?
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Willie is my man make no mistake about it...but he can shitcan that Dodgers Jersey :hand
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~