The John Kadlecik Thread

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
KC.Jones

Re: The John Kadlecik Thread

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

rippleish20 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:15 pm
It depends on what you mean by work with the band. John is my favorite musician. I went to a large number of GD shows in the old days (and was an avid taper) I lost interest in following GD members around after Jerry died. Furthur rekindled my interest and I attribute that to John. I went right back to touring around again with Furthur. After they broke up, I started going to a lot of John shows, especially the Wingmen (I've been to 42 of the 52). I started taping again because I realized that if Bob jacobson wasn't there, no one was taping John's shows (at least such that they would be available to people). I streamed everything I went to. The band members mostly ignored me but John's Road managers all realized the value of streaming and I got to know most of the people who support John. I got to know John's Sound Engineer. I started getting board feeds. Bob has a similar story but was involved earlier than I was. I am able to travel more than him, so I have become the most prolific taper/follower of John in recent years (in addition to bob). Over time I've also gotten to be on friendlier terms with the band members and John (BlueFaerie has made a difference in this regard) also. I don't work with the band per se but I am under the impression they appreciate my streaming and recoding and will provide support for me doing so if necessary. Jerry was able impart emotion through his playing in a way that made me want more and more. I see the same thing in John and it's not because he is a Jerry clone or plays the same notes. It's his ability to impart emotion via his playing - that's not something you can study from someone else and fake in my opinion. I do the things I do because I think he is special as a musician and I try to get others to see what I see.
Gotcha... I assume this is your recording then: https://archive.org/details/jkb2017-09- ... mk4.flac24

Thanks for taping. I was really impressed with him and his band. Hopefully he comes to this neck of the woods again sooner rather than later
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

rippleish20

Post by rippleish20 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Gotcha... I assume this is your recording then: https://archive.org/details/jkb2017-09- ... mk4.flac24

Thanks for taping. I was really impressed with him and his band. Hopefully he comes to this neck of the woods again sooner rather than later
That's my recording, yes. There is a soundboard there also...

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm

rippleish20 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Hopefully we can meet up at a show sometime soon

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 pm

As long as it's done GD style (differently) each night, similar setlists never bothered me. Give me a Dark Star every night please :smileys-passing-joint
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 pm

[/quote]
The band members mostly ignored me

but I am under the impression they appreciate my streaming and recoding and will provide support for me doing so if necessary.
[/quote]

They should be kissing your ass Alan. No disrespect intended. If I saw the same cat following me around and streaming, it wouldn't take more than a couple of shows before I pulled him aside, bought him a beer and personally gave my thank you's. What you, Bob and all the other tapers do is the most powerful thing anyone can do for any up and coming band. Thanks for all the streams Alan...I know you don't do it for recognition but it's HIGHLY appreciated!!!
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

rippleish20

Post by rippleish20 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm
rippleish20 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Hopefully we can meet up at a show sometime soon
Where do you live- Cleveland?

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:49 pm

rippleish20 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:39 pm
Where do you live- Cleveland?
Yes

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 am

rippleish20 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:43 pm
Well, I go to ten shows in a row and enjoy them all. Like the GD they vary in intensity so song selection is not the whole story.

JKBase is not openly available and Stu's interest level has diminished. I am hoping he will at least let me add dat in the future...
i have enjoyed every single JKB show ive seen, regardless of set list, i was just making an observation. this run was rough as far as weather and that pesky little work thing.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Some of JK's favorite Jerry quotes:

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Just stumbled across this

Lovin the growing trend of Kimock & Kadlecik joining forces :thumbsup
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever