Re: Dead-A-Day: On This Day in GD-Land

Post by patchthenation » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Man, this show is HOT! Branford joins the boys at MSG, 9/10/91: :listen

Underground Johnny

Post by Underground Johnny » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:44 pm
From two years ago on this day, Bob and Phil at Sound Summit in Marin County 9/9/17. I am not sure I have ever seen/heard this. Check it out:

The lineup for Saturday’s Phil Lesh & Friends set saw Weir and Lesh joined by pianist Holly Bowling, guitarist Ross James and drummer Alex Koford.
https://www.jambase.com/article/jim-jam ... und-summit

Yes. I caught this after my summer vacation in Vermont with my family , just a week and half after this concert was performed. For those that know my Dark Star series , this is where it started for me. I was very inspired by this performance and I noticed that Bob had the exact same acoustic that I own. He was playing (at the beginning of DS an old Martin 00-17 and I have the same one from 1947. My first DS has that guitar in the recording , Dark Star - Phase 1.

That was in September of 2017. Exactly 2 years ago now. Wow! DS's do not grow on trees daily. They spawn slowly overtime. Each one ideally should be a treasure in a perfect Universe. :bears2

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 am

Here's one I don't think I've heard. Not that I remember anyway, but it looks GRATE! Phil and Friends (Jason Crosby, Karl Denson, Jackie Greene, Eric Krasno, Neal Evans, Alan Evans, Shady Horns) 9/15/16 at Coney Island: