patchthenation

Re: Dead-A-Day: On This Day in GD-Land

Post by patchthenation » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:54 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:43 am
9/1/89 JGB Merriweather Post Pavilion
With Bob and Rob opening
:smileys-passing-joint
Also JGB 9/1/90 at Shoreline. I believe this is Jer’s first show since Brent’s passing. Also on DVD :guitarred

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:26 pm

A little Ratdog Revue (their original billing in 95) for your Labor Day. Bob is joined by Wasserman, Lane, and Matthew Kelly; this is Vince Welnick's(!) second show with the band, Prairie Prince(!!) and Henry J. Kaiser(!!!) join during the encore, which features a Welnick-led "Man's World." 9/2/95 at The Warfield:

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:24 pm
dont forget 9/2/80 Rochester
space through the closer was dicks pick#?
Revisiting this post from last year, Headyversion's top voted performances from this show are Iko > Dew, which are below. This section was released as filler on DP 21, which featured the Nov. 85 Richmond show. I've also included the Sugaree from YT as well- a comment on The Setlist Program claims this is "quite possibly" the best Sugaree ever. You decide :listen

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:33 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 pm
dr bakes wrote:
Revisiting this post from last year, Headyversion's top voted performances from this show are Iko > Dew, which are below. This section was released as filler on DP 21, which featured the Nov. 85 Richmond show. I've also included the Sugaree from YT as well- a comment on The Setlist Program claims this is "quite possibly" the best Sugaree ever. You decide :listen

9/2/80 was the craziest twisted night for myself and gf who was attending Syracuse. We took the bus to Rochester and realized there was no bus after the show till morning. Without going into too much detail, let's say there was one particular paper that EVERYONE was doing which produced a type of group mind think that expoded after Drumz. First a standard space develops into an amazing improvised melody then they make everyone happy with the rarely played Iko and then BAM the Dew hits everybody like a Cat5 hurricane, i was nearly knocked off my feet. I had an experience that i will not go into here, but we walked out and immediately got a ride in a van to Syracuse, major eyelid movies on the ride home, we stayed up all night.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:55 pm

The good dr making me jealous I was born too late for the group mind meld. :swerve

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:54 am

dr bakes wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:33 pm
patchthenation wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:36 pm
dr bakes wrote:

9/2/80 was the craziest twisted night for myself and gf who was attending Syracuse. We took the bus to Rochester and realized there was no bus after the show till morning. Without going into too much detail, let's say there was one particular paper that EVERYONE was doing which produced a type of group mind think that expoded after Drumz. First a standard space develops into an amazing improvised melody then they make everyone happy with the rarely played Iko and then BAM the Dew hits everybody like a Cat5 hurricane, i was nearly knocked off my feet. I had an experience that i will not go into here, but we walked out and immediately got a ride in a van to Syracuse, major eyelid movies on the ride home, we stayed up all night.
Dr. Puddles strikes again. He's lurking in the shadows... :rofl
Shakedown Street, 10/11; Performing all three sets from the Warfield from 10/11/80 (Boulder)
Steely Dead, 10/26 (Boulder)
Kind Hearted Strangers w/ two other bands, 11/16 (Boulder)
Dead Floyd, 12/20 (Boulder)

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Our friend bones has a grate thread on this show elsewhere on TN, however let me include it on today's On This Day thread. The highly-popular 9/6/80 Lewiston ME show comin right up:

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:40 pm

30 years ago … one of my favorite releases :listen
IMG_3161.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:10 pm

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIG! Today would have been Pigpen's 74th. :bigheart in honor, today's show is from Nassau 9/8/73:

And to feature Pig, of course, on his birthday - 1/10/70 at San Diego's Golden Hall:

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:44 pm

From two years ago on this day, Bob and Phil at Sound Summit in Marin County 9/9/17. I am not sure I have ever seen/heard this. Check it out:

The lineup for Saturday’s Phil Lesh & Friends set saw Weir and Lesh joined by pianist Holly Bowling, guitarist Ross James and drummer Alex Koford.
https://www.jambase.com/article/jim-jam ... und-summit