Quote of the Day

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
strangerinboulder

Re: Quote of the Day

Post by strangerinboulder » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:42 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 am
Don't fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.

--Charles Bukowski
No wonder my bar tab is so high :rofl
Shakedown Street, 10/11; Performing all three sets from the Warfield from 10/11/80 (Boulder)
Steely Dead, 10/26 (Boulder)
Kind Hearted Strangers w/ two other bands, 11/16 (Boulder)
Dead Floyd, 12/20 (Boulder)

AmandaS45

Post by AmandaS45 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 pm

When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreen, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying, ‘you’re too this, or I’m too this’. That judging mind comes in. And so i practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.

Ram Dass
Without love in the dream, it will never come true

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 pm

AmandaS45 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 pm
When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreen, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying, ‘you’re too this, or I’m too this’. That judging mind comes in. And so i practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.

Ram Dass
You’re so speaking my language...thank you for posting!
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

AmandaS45

Post by AmandaS45 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:44 pm

Boxorain wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 pm
AmandaS45 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Ram Dass
You’re so speaking my language...thank you for posting!
I’m with ya.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am

Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.

--Khalil Gibran

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 am

Our thoughts are a field of energy cycles, a mind field, and just by our thoughts alone we impact not only ourselves but those around us as well.

--Wayne Dyer

AmandaS45

Post by AmandaS45 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:45 pm

41FDB7ED-39BB-48D1-BAAA-5DDAD74BAF11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:55 am

Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.

--Dalai Lama

AmandaS45

Post by AmandaS45 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:46 pm

To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 pm

If we all raise our children to be like Bob Weir the world will be a better place.

--Peter Shapiro, Lockn', 8/26/2019