Weather Report.....Sweet?!

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Post Reply
User avatar
SunshineSue
Posts: 19322
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by SunshineSue » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:03 pm

We got hit hard here yesterday by either tornado or straight-line winds. Most of the area, including us, have been out of power for more than a day, with no end in sight. Luckily, we didn't get any big branches hitting the house or car, just some clean up to do in the yard and a fridge full of food to dump. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that the power's back on soon! :doh :crossed

Add- Finally got our power back on about 9 tonight, what a relief!! :clap

User avatar
Denver Man
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Denver Man » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 am

Man severe weather lingering longer and longer into the summer :?
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

User avatar
Griff
Posts: 966
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Griff » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:28 pm

Weird year everywhere. We are in to our 6th day in a row on 90s. This is Washington. Our average temp is 76. Lol. Tomorrow the hottest at 93. Breaks on Tuesday when we return to.........76. Literally.

Been great. Gonna paddleboard 7 out of 9 days. Some summers I am lucky to paddle 7 days........period.

User avatar
SunshineSue
Posts: 19322
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am

I'm sending out dry vibes to everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence!! This one is affecting me directly: my niece, her husband and their newborn baby live right where the storm is supposed to hit and just received an evacuation order for their county. We're supposed to be having a family reunion down there in 3 weeks, but right now we don't know if the place we're staying, which is right on the beach, will even be standing. My sister, her husband and disabled daughter are already down there visiting for a month, but now are also being evacuated. Please send a few extra vibes towards North Carolina and all those being drenched by Florence. :(

User avatar
Kevin
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:37 pm
Location: Northeast PA Enjoy, Enjoy !!!

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Kevin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am
I'm sending out dry vibes to everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence!! This one is affecting me directly: my niece, her husband and their newborn baby live right where the storm is supposed to hit and just received an evacuation order for their county. We're supposed to be having a family reunion down there in 3 weeks, but right now we don't know if the place we're staying, which is right on the beach, will even be standing. My sister, her husband and disabled daughter are already down there visiting for a month, but now are also being evacuated. Please send a few extra vibes towards North Carolina and all those being drenched by Florence. :(
(((((POSITIVE VIBES)))))
Smell Every Flower

User avatar
Denver Man
Posts: 3536
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Denver Man » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Kevin wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pm
SunshineSue wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am
I'm sending out dry vibes to everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence!! This one is affecting me directly: my niece, her husband and their newborn baby live right where the storm is supposed to hit and just received an evacuation order for their county. We're supposed to be having a family reunion down there in 3 weeks, but right now we don't know if the place we're staying, which is right on the beach, will even be standing. My sister, her husband and disabled daughter are already down there visiting for a month, but now are also being evacuated. Please send a few extra vibes towards North Carolina and all those being drenched by Florence. :(
(((((POSITIVE VIBES)))))
((((((Folks dealing with Florence))))))
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

User avatar
Griff
Posts: 966
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Griff » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 am

Denver Man wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm
Kevin wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:08 pm
SunshineSue wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:25 am
I'm sending out dry vibes to everyone in the path of Hurricane Florence!! This one is affecting me directly: my niece, her husband and their newborn baby live right where the storm is supposed to hit and just received an evacuation order for their county. We're supposed to be having a family reunion down there in 3 weeks, but right now we don't know if the place we're staying, which is right on the beach, will even be standing. My sister, her husband and disabled daughter are already down there visiting for a month, but now are also being evacuated. Please send a few extra vibes towards North Carolina and all those being drenched by Florence. :(
(((((POSITIVE VIBES)))))
((((((Folks dealing with Florence))))))
(((((SAFETY))))))

So crazy all of us Lockn folks were in that neck of the woods just a few weeks ago.

User avatar
SunshineSue
Posts: 19322
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 am

Hurricane Florence has given both my family and me an interesting ride, but it could have been worse. After a full week of mandatory evacuation, my niece returned to find relatively minimal damage compared to her much more flooded neighbors: a broken skylight with water damage in a limited area, lots of shingles and siding off, and lots of branches/trees down. They now have power back and intermittent internet/cell service. Unfortunately, the high school where my niece coaches volleyball was totally trashed, all the gym windows blown out and the floor flooded. They're trying to salvage the season if the conference can find facilities. Also unfortunately, my sister's rented beach condo was totally flooded out, and so was the hotel where me and the rest of the family were going to be staying. But enough spots are slowly opening, that we'll still be able to head down there next week, just going to add some clean up to the family reunion plans, which in a way is perfect timing, more hands to pick up sticks. :sunshine

Florence, you were a real bitch!! :hand

User avatar
Shroomopotamus
Posts: 1281
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:59 pm
Location: Betty Nelson's Organic Raspberry Farm

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by Shroomopotamus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:19 am

Snow on the forecast for next Monday and Tuesday :santadance
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
*
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

LostSailor
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:18 pm
Location: Sea Level

Re: Weather Report.....Sweet?!

Post by LostSailor » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Elvis Is Dead :rockon

Post Reply