A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Boxorain

Re: The Great Outdoors

Post by Boxorain » Fri May 28, 2021 9:28 pm

strangerinboulder wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:25 pm
Boxorain wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 pm
In the Whites today, approx 8 miles from the peak of Mt Washington. About as high as I’ll go (and probably shouldn’t go so HIGH...story of my life) w/ my daughter cuz if something not so good was to happen to me...I’d be putting her life in danger. But it was magnificent!!!!
That looks fun and therapeutic. What does your daughter think about her father being a head? That's always fascinating me with my GD friends that have offspring(s).Any input on this fellow TN'ers who fall under this umbrella?
She’s a big time head dude...GD is pretty much all she listens too. Primary reason...she loves to dance and as she says, ‘I don’t know, the Grateful Dead just make me want to dance’

To which I respond, ‘that’s cuz they’re a dance band dude’
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 am

Continuing the Shelter in Place Vid hikes...of should I call them the Del Variant hikes :rofl

I heard my daughter today saying a prayer and giving thanks for being born into this country and in particular, NH.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘Yeah, there were drugs in our history, but that certainly wasn’t what we were about. But for some people, that is what we were about. I think those folks pretty much missed what we were about’

KEZHEAD

Post by KEZHEAD » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 am

Absolutely beautiful pics Boxorain
It looks like some torrid rain washed away everything but the roots on those trees
Awesome man!!
Dodging lions and a-wasting time
In memory of ChiefScott

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:50 am

KEZHEAD wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 am
Absolutely beautiful pics Boxorain
It looks like some torrid rain washed away everything but the roots on those trees
Awesome man!!
Yea man, some of the trails now 4’ below the root system...and yet they’re hanging tough...a river runs thru...Mother Nature will prevail tho...so cool !

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:13 am

Really cool pics Box! I would love to check that area out some day. Last year the mountain ranges I love burned to the ground and now this year flash flooding wiped the area out again. Never ending cycle here I fear.
I know my uncle he's as honest as me

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm

Denver Man wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:13 am
Really cool pics Box! I would love to check that area out some day. Last year the mountain ranges I love burned to the ground and now this year flash flooding wiped the area out again. Never ending cycle here I fear.
Sorry to hear that. You’d love this area. Lemme know if you ever make it out. I complain about the winters but when you get right down to it, NH is the only place for me. VT, NH and ME...most everyone born in these 3 states never leave. Or if they do, they usually come back. Which I now understand as an aging native

But I’ll gladly take winters in Florida!!

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:48 pm

I love your daughter's positive upbeat attitude, it's infectious. Great pictures
I want a Double Dose in my case

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:08 am

Boxorain wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:13 pm
Denver Man wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:13 am
Sorry to hear that. You’d love this area. Lemme know if you ever make it out. I complain about the winters but when you get right down to it, NH is the only place for me. VT, NH and ME...most everyone born in these 3 states never leave. Or if they do, they usually come back. Which I now understand as an aging native

But I’ll gladly take winters in Florida!!
Yeah we thought NH was beautiful when we travelled there for Furthur in 2013 I think it was
I know my uncle he's as honest as me

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:56 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:48 pm
I love your daughter's positive upbeat attitude, it's infectious. Great pictures
Well that’s awfully nice of you...thank you very much for the kind words 🙏