lost a close friend Rick yesterday

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
bones

Re: lost a close friend Rick yesterday

Post by bones » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:35 pm

thanks all for the thoughts folks...appreciate it...
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
11/30 Joan, Anders & Robert Randolph do Dylan
12/1 TTB

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Bonsey, I know you really loved Rick. I’m very Sorry brother. Thank you for introducing the two of us. Although I didn’t have your same relationship, I spent 3 days with him in Chicago. Morning and evening shows. “Paper and eggs” as he’d call it. God did we laugh. Hung at numerous shows. Sat and had coffee a few times. Sober. Talking about life. Rick had a genuine smile and concern. We both have a child with challenging circumstances...especially for a Dad...cuz we just want to take all those problems our kids are struggling with and throw them on our shoulders. We talked...and he listened. He understood. He cared. After one of my explanations of a very stressful moment I recently had with my daughter he smiled and said, “yea but could you imagine your life without her”? Man did that hit home. Sometimes you just need a friendly reminder from a friend. And that he was. He gave a shit. A very beautiful thing. Something you try to emulate. Thank you Rick.

I’ve lost so many family members, friends, co workers, show acquaintances over the last few years that you almost become a bit numb to it. They all bother me. But for some reason, Rick’s passing really bothers me. He was a genuine good egg. We all are at birth but so easily get sidetracked. Rick carried some of that genuine innocence and beauty we’re all born with for the entirety of his life. I love being around people like that.

Will miss you Rick. And so will so many you touched without even realizing it. Just by being you

Peace brother
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Emvibe

Post by Emvibe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 pm

O Bones so sorry to hear about your loss...Thinking of you! :bigheart

:grouphug
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

brassinthegrass

Post by brassinthegrass » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Blessings to you Bones during this trying time and may the music, memories and community help sustain you and family. :sunshine

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

condolences, my cyber friend