Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
SunshineSue

Re: Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:05 am

Well I'd say that was a show that must have made the Coloradans and everyone else at Folsom happy! It sure sounded fantastic to me!! :clap :clap :clap

Thanks for making it such a fun Friday the 13th on the couch, folks! Can't wait to see what the guys bring to wrap it all up tomorrow, it should be stellar! :sunshine

:grouphug

:terrapinnation!

perry

Post by perry » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:14 am

Thanks all!

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:21 am

A nice Deal add-on for the Boulder folks! :clap

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 am

The energy at Folsom was unbelievable right from the start. Fuckin-WOW

:bears2
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:10 am

Shroomopotamus wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 am

Indeed!

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 am

Dear Dead & Co,

Thank you so much for coming back to Boulder. For tonight's show could you please do EVERYONE a huge favor and open the gates at 5pm? Let's avoid the huge mob scene and the (I guess) need to have Boulder Sheriffs walking around with assault rifles.

Thank you so much for your attention to this very important matter.

:bigheart ,

Denver Man
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:50 am

Shroomopotamus wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 am

That was my son's first time on the field in a stadium show. We did it right, lining up early. Got down close to the stage, almost dead center. He LOVED it...AND SO DID I!! The energy last night was incredible. Great crowd and great show. Cannot say enough about that Terrapin.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:10 am

Denver Man wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 am
Dear Dead & Co,

Thank you so much for coming back to Boulder. For tonight's show could you please do EVERYONE a huge favor and open the gates at 5pm? Let's avoid the huge mob scene and the (I guess) need to have Boulder Sheriffs walking around with assault rifles.

Denver Man
So glad you felt up to going, but then you were greeted with assault rifles?? That's more than a little intimidating!! :shock:

Griff

Post by Griff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:19 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:10 am
Denver Man wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 am
Dear Dead & Co,

Denver Man
So glad you felt up to going, but then you were greeted with assault rifles?? That's more than a little intimidating!! :shock:
DM - So glad you made it brother. Being field, we headed to line at 515. Dang not open. And in fact they are still soundchecking. Liberty. Done by 530. Ok, can we go in.

I dosed thinking we would be walking straight in so now its bumping up against getting through security. Ugh. 545 were still not moving. Really??? 630 show and doors aren't open. Something is fucked up.

Finally 550 we are moving. Not bad getting through but man how late. Then a 50 minute late start. Ugh. That was admittedly hard to wait through.

But......like everyone has commented, good energy and good crowd. Had good room and fun people......for the most part. But dang it girl behind us passes out during Deal. Ugh. She's fine per se but we all take care of her.

The scene after was interesting with the cops and their assault rifles. Huh???? Why????? What's the message and/or point????? Oh well out of my domain.

Fun night. Thinking I will be back farther tonight looking for a wide open space and freakers. Lol. I have seen enough shows that I don't need to be close. I need the right space. It's distracting being next to the group of dudes that stand and text all night. Lol.

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:43 pm

In all honesty I probably had no business being there, was still feeling really shaky, but went for it anyway. I started feeling really dizzy standing in line, crowded, hot as hell and for a minute I thought I was going to have to go back to the car. Ugh. It was my choice to go so I can't say anything but man that late opening of the gates kind set a bad tone that took me awhile to recover from. To me the 2nd set seemed rushed as they were trying to keep up with the curfew. It was still really good show but I don't know, not compared to some of the other webcasts I have watched... probably just me hahaha

In a way, I kind of understand the assault rifles because you got a mob of 50k people gathered up, hot, wanting to get in. I suppose if anything happened it could escalate really fast .... fucking weird is all I know .... Just open the gate on time and that stuff doesn't happen.

Anyways, I feel so much better today and that should put be in a better state of mind. See you there!! :smokesmile
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good