"Fare Thee Well" Book Rolling Stone Write Up

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
patchthenation

Re: "Fare Thee Well" Book Rolling Stone Write Up

Post by patchthenation » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:26 pm

bones wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:52 pm
been reading it online...about 1/3 way thru

i got miracled to santa clara shows....my first dead shows west of buffalo...caught the let it ride rex benefit that fri nite at warfield with jgb, melvin & jk...then crb...then the 2 huge stadium shows...

sat front row upper level looking straight on at bobby

sun early 630 start....on field...very emotional brokedown

but i felt "it" i.e. Jerrys presence...more anywhere near ocean water arounf sf bay, etc

took that monday to explore sf
Grate story, bones. Made me tear up.
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

bones

Re: "Fare Thee Well" Book Rolling Stone Write Up

Post by bones » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:56 pm

i kept it together during brokedown palace at end of sun FTW nite show...consoled a young girl who was weeping uncontrollably at back of field...gave her a peice of gum, a hug...turns out we were from same small city in NH 3,000 miles away...30 years apart in age...she lives in town next door to one our summer place is in...small world, huh???

i was a hot mess that monday afternoon after the 3 shows and touring the height all day on monday, etc

coming over bay area bridge,,,Forever Young by Jerry from Broadway Act 1 comes on...I ABSOLUTELY LOST IT :(

i guess it was just all the emotions finally welled up...I had to wear 8-) into the motel to hide my emotions...told my roommate & his daughter it was just my allergies acting up ;) :rofl
Shall we go...you & I while we can...
7/8 TTB
7/11 Yes
7/14 Dark Side of Mule
7/20 JRAD
7/21 Eagles
7/30 Bearly Dead GD Night @ Fenway