Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
strangerinboulder

Re: Setlist Dead & Company Folsom Field, Boulder 7/13/2018

Post by strangerinboulder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Carlo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:27 pm
Good job using the quote function. Obviously the party was raging obliviously on. But the facts are the facts. Musically it was a stinker. Tonight is gonna shred in comparison. My call is a playin dark Star.
I definitely thought the "Lost > Saint", had many issues, +" Watchtower" was kinda off. I thought the rest of Friday's show was good. No faults on Saturday's show. Maybe your standards are unreasonable. With this band, there is always the human, + risk taking factor. And I believe anyone who has seen GD shows, + to a lesser extent Dead + Company shows knows that, + accepts that.Opinions, especially honest ones are always appreciated. I'm just wondering if you despised Saturday's show because your picks didn't come to fruition? And they did indeed shred Saturday night's show

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Carlo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Anyone who thought last night was good is tone deaf or too high.
Well, it is possible to have a difference of opinion without condescension. Also, it's possible to find faults in a show and still find highlights during the same show. Was the full three hours good? No. It sure wasn't. I was NOT happy they flubbed Lost Sailor so bad. Like, I was REALLY NOT HAPPY about it. Was the full three hours bad? No. I really enjoyed the GSET, thought that Deal was a load of fun, and St Steve was too. It's somewhere in between. Your statement is just as much hyperbole as anyone that says it was the best show ever.

I'm neither tone deaf (you'll just have to trust me on that cause I don't feel like giving a bio of myself here) nor was I too high. Slow your roll on the talking down to people that disagree with your viewpoint before they even have a chance to respond. Fact is, there's probably plenty you and I agree on about that show. Unfortunately, those points of agreement are gonna be harder to find when I'm still focused on a statement like "tone deaf or too high."

Oh well. I had a lot of fun last weekend. Sorry you didn't enjoy Friday. Hope you enjoyed Saturday (note: I SURE DID!). Here's to many more shows for us all to enjoy (or not) and dissect.

Have a grateful day, Carlo. All the best to you and yours, today.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:25 pm
Terrapin Nation is well represented on Folsom Field, this is the view from Griff! :D

Damn...not to far away from you for this show

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 pm

strangerinboulder wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 pm
SunshineSue wrote:
Terrapin Nation is well represented on Folsom Field, this is the view from Griff! :D

Uh, did either of you see a guy wearing a tie dye and with a Skull and Roses bandana on his head over a short mohawk? Cause, that was me. Apparently we were all very near each other Friday night. I'm looking, but cannot see myself. I was just a little closer in this exact area.

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 pm
strangerinboulder wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

Uh, did either of you see a guy wearing a tie dye and with a Skull and Roses bandana on his head over a short mohawk? Cause, that was me. Apparently we were all very near each other Friday night. I'm looking, but cannot see myself. I was just a little closer in this exact area.
I did not. I was on the left side of the chute, but very near it. Drats!

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 pm

strangerinboulder wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm
DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 pm
strangerinboulder wrote:

I did not. I was on the left side of the chute, but very near it. Drats!
I was on this (right) side of the chute and in front of Griff, apparently, maybe 15-20 feet. I am somewhat surprised I cannot find myself in this picture, frankly.

Griff

Post by Griff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Agreed bummer. I am personally sooooo lame at hooking up at shows. Boxofrain and dr.bakes were really accommodating at Camden and I failed miserably both nights. Lol

That said the vid of the opening from Saturday night has me and my group. Mostly my 6'3" bro but cool.

Shroomopotamus

Post by Shroomopotamus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i749LeO7TWo

Get em downloaded while ya can.
Never gonna forget this night.
Never felt energy at a show like these Boulder shows.
7-13-2018 gets my new pick for best night of Dead and Company.
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
Roll on forever
:jester GGW ~ 2-25-2017 :jester
There’s UFO’s over Boulder & I ain’t too surprised

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:17 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm
Carlo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Anyone who thought last night was good is tone deaf or too high.
Well, it is possible to have a difference of opinion without condescension. Also, it's possible to find faults in a show and still find highlights during the same show. Was the full three hours good? No. It sure wasn't. I was NOT happy they flubbed Lost Sailor so bad. Like, I was REALLY NOT HAPPY about it. Was the full three hours bad? No. I really enjoyed the GSET, thought that Deal was a load of fun, and St Steve was too. It's somewhere in between. Your statement is just as much hyperbole as anyone that says it was the best show ever.

I'm neither tone deaf (you'll just have to trust me on that cause I don't feel like giving a bio of myself here) nor was I too high. Slow your roll on the talking down to people that disagree with your viewpoint before they even have a chance to respond. Fact is, there's probably plenty you and I agree on about that show. Unfortunately, those points of agreement are gonna be harder to find when I'm still focused on a statement like "tone deaf or too high."

Oh well. I had a lot of fun last weekend. Sorry you didn't enjoy Friday. Hope you enjoyed Saturday (note: I SURE DID!). Here's to many more shows for us all to enjoy (or not) and dissect.

Have a grateful day, Carlo. All the best to you and yours, today.
Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way! A debate is one thing. Talking down to people who don't agree with your opinion is being a troll. I understand that trolling is a standard mode of operation on most internet forums but we try to (and usually do) rise above that stuff here. Thanks.
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good