Set List: Dead & Company Cincinnati, OH 6/4/18

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
patchthenation

Re: Set List: Dead & Company Cincinnati, OH 6/4/18

Post by patchthenation » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:50 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:51 am
Such a good freaking show everybody!!!!!
Tell us more! :woo
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Noticed that they didn't play one of the songs that they skipped in Philly due the weather.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 pm

dr bakes wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:20 pm
Noticed that they didn't play one of the songs that they skipped in Philly due the weather.
I thought I heard a delicate TOO tease before Truckn? Or maybe I just wanted to hear it so I did? Distinct possibility. Anyone else hear it?
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:09 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:50 pm
KC.Jones wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:51 am
Such a good freaking show everybody!!!!!
Tell us more! :woo
I just finally got home ten minutes ago and am completely beat..... I will provide an adequate review tomorrow morning. I need sleep.....!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Delayed review due to having to work literally all day yesterday and being way too beat on Tuesday to even consider writing anything!

Riverbend was quite possibly the best show I've seen from D&C thus far. It's right up there with Detroit/Columbus 2017 and Burgettstown 2016. It really was an absolute blast!! The band's getting better every show, and everyone knows it. The number of people attending shows now compared to their initial fall tour in 2015 and summer tour in 2016 is mind blowing. The Shakedown at Riverbend was massive, and I don't recall it being anything near that size in 2016. The weather was truly perfect for this show. Clear blue skies (Big River) and 75 degrees. Zero complaints. Was able to find some nice shade on Shakedown and sat down and relaxed with my friends for a while. We found the perfect free parking spot that wasn't on Riverbend's lot because we didn't want to deal with the traffic shitshow afterwards. Got into the venue pretty early so we could get a good spot on the lawn because RIverbend's lawn can be a bit of a let down if you get a bad spot. Got to bullshit with some characters pre-show, which is one of my favorite things about going to shows; the characters and the bullshitting. We were right up front by the rail and the sound was excellent. The "lawn" is astroturf which I forgot about. A little strange, but you get used to it.

All day I had been calling Jam>Truckin' to open the show and was so happy to get it! Big RIver was fun, knew they were playing that too. Me and My Uncle>Big River woulda been cooler though. They Love Each Other, fun as always. Thought it was gonna be Row Jimmy at first. Acoustic FOTD was sweet, third or fourth time I've got that I believe. I love how excited the crowd gets when Oteil sings, and the crowd did not dissapoint when Oteil started on If I Had the World to Give. He's got such a beautiful voice. Somewhat interesting placement, but I like how the band isn't being as predictable with it's setlists this tour! The Sugaree to follow took a while to get going, but by the time Mayer was done soloing the entire place was rocking again!! The vibe stayed alive all the way through the New Speedway Boogie. Really fun way to close the set!

After a much needed bathroom break, set break was really fun. We were lucky and had some super cool neighbors who got the concept of "sharing is caring." Thanks guys!

Deal to open set two was awesome. My first D&C Deal! It took a second to get going, but was being played at an appropriate tempo by the time it ended. Beautiful He's Gone to follow. Truly an epic China>Rider!! That was an absolute blast. Drums>Space was fun. I enjoy the people watching during this segment of the shows. Funny to see all the different ways people react. For most, it's bathroom break, for some it's sit down, and for others it's when they finally stand up with their jaw to the ground. Always fun! I LOVE when Bob get's to do Hard Rain, so I was so hyped when I heard it coming out of Space. He has so much command during that tune. GDTRFB>U.S. Blues woke up the post-space crowd and EVERYONE was jamming so hard during U.S. Blues!!! The place was a-rokckin!!

Knew a ballad was coming after the fast-paced set two closer, so was REALLY hoping it was Brokedown. Was pleasantly surprised with Knockin' On Heaven's Door, however. In typical Dead and Company fashion, they kept with their tradition of never repeating an encore for a show I'm at, so I'm still a perfect 13/13 on unique encores! I have a feeling that run will be ending soon though! Beautiful way to end the show!!

After the show we managed to beat all the traffic and made it to Stanley's for the after party with members of Rumpke waaaaay before anyone was there. When we got there I bet there were only ten people in the venue and by the time we left before bar close the place was packed. Good tunes, and had some good conversations with a lot of people there.

I give this show a 10/10, due to the great tunes, weather, festivities, and company!! One of the funnest days in recent history for me!! On to Raleigh!!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

^ grate review brother :guitarred
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~