Setlist: Bob & Phil, Radio City Music Hall 3/3/18

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
patchthenation

Re: Setlist: Bob & Phil, Radio City Music Hall 3/3/18

Post by patchthenation » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm

interesting take away from this thread: Mayer would not have struggled quite as much as Trey.

Do with that what you will.
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

mok

Post by mok » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

patchthenation wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:46 pm
interesting take away from this thread: Mayer would not have struggled quite as much as Trey.

Do with that what you will.
Mayer has been playing this music for the last 1.5 years; stands to reason. The fact that all of deadheadland has erupted into some stupid war over PHil and Bob inviting a different and interesting guitarist to come jam with them strikes me as somewhere between humorous and depressing.

edit: probably more than 1.5, I have lost all track of time :)

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Sometimes I think it’s ridiculous too. I don’t even know why I participate.

This Playin jam is HOT!

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:19 am

I loved the acoustic portion of the Trey set! Who am I kidding... the whole Trey set was really good. The only thing I'd have changed was to keep it acoustic the entire time Trey was out there. I started to get a little turned off when it went electric. If I had been in the audience I'd have been lapping it up, but it's much easier to be overly critical when watching from the couch. It was a very special two nights and I'm eager to see what the next four nights will bring!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm

I do not have anything meaningful to add but being a old grey guy, ms jasper and I having just having got back from the good fortune of catching both nights from Down close jj row, felt like sharing

Two great shows I could nuance this or that but I do not really care, what a grate venue to catch two of my favorite musicians play together, and after 50 yrs I was not to worried about how much practice time they had had or who they had picked to play what with them

I figured if they want to play, I will show up to listen if I can

First night seemed more intimate, really interesting seeing body and facial expressions and seeing Bob have to step up consistently in the shared lead with Phil, a lot different than the 4th set with trey.

It seemed....... to me....... they were having fun that first nigh really “on” at times, second night a bit looser touch more tired?

No rational reason why I had the good fortune to catch these shows, but thankful I did.

We caught Phil down in OR in February and he definitely was more “on” for these two shows in NYC and I thought he was pretty darn great at the crystal to begin with.

I just think it’s amazing we have the chance to see and hear these guys still trying to tell their stories and do what they do so well, these days will not last forever.

Peace

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Jasper wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm
I just think it’s amazing we have the chance to see and hear these guys still trying to tell their stories and do what they do so well, these days will not last forever.
That's exactly why I was willing to fight a Nor'easter to be there on Friday.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 pm

Equinox wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm
Jasper wrote:
That's exactly why I was willing to fight a Nor'easter to be there on Friday.
and this is why Deadheads are the best!!!!

brassinthegrass

Post by brassinthegrass » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Jasper wrote:
I do not have anything meaningful to add but being a old grey guy, ms jasper and I having just having got back from the good fortune of catching both nights from Down close jj row, felt like sharing

Two great shows I could nuance this or that but I do not really care, what a grate venue to catch two of my favorite musicians play together, and after 50 yrs I was not to worried about how much practice time they had had or who they had picked to play what with them

I figured if they want to play, I will show up to listen if I can

First night seemed more intimate, really interesting seeing body and facial expressions and seeing Bob have to step up consistently in the shared lead with Phil, a lot different than the 4th set with trey.

It seemed....... to me....... they were having fun that first nigh really “on” at times, second night a bit looser touch more tired?

No rational reason why I had the good fortune to catch these shows, but thankful I did.

We caught Phil down in OR in February and he definitely was more “on” for these two shows in NYC and I thought he was pretty darn great at the crystal to begin with.

Peace
Jasper's post sums up how I feel about the performances. Whatever we get from these two at this point in the trip is just icing on my cupcake. I loved it. Can't wait for Chicago and Boston(Mayer and Marsalis.....maybe?).

Hey Jasper are you referring to the Feb. 2018 shows Phil and TFB played at the Crystal Ballroom? Wife and I attended Saturday's performance and I thought they really rocked. :jumpclap :waving

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Yes the crystal ballroom shows with the TFB in Portland,I agree they played well and we had fun both nights!