Setlist Dead & Company Dallas 12/1/2017

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
Ossumpei

Re: Setlist Dead & Company Dallas 12/1/2017

Postby Ossumpei » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Was at that Giants Stadium show in 93. Did the tour through Shoreline. Remember them playing it through the tour. What a summer.
Red Rocks 2012

patchthenation

Postby patchthenation » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Bob please give up Scarlet to John after this tour. We will forgive you.

patchthenation

Postby patchthenation » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm

DAMN Bob's into it tonight!!! I swore he showed a bit of 89 Bobby there, jumpin and stage rushing...lol

dr bakes

Postby dr bakes » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Nycdave wrote:
dr bakes wrote:Cheesy Answers, I think I was at the GD breakout at Giant's Stadium, most thought it ruined Music, at least Bob sounds vocally strong.

Some Easy Answers history. Lyrics By: Robert Hunter, Bob Weir Music By: Weir, Bralove, Wasserman, Welnick
Easy Answers was first performed by the Grateful Dead at Giant's Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ on Saturday, 6/5/93.
Rob Wasserman discusses the creation and recording of this song in the liner notes of the Trios album;
"The night before this session Bob Weir and I were rehearsing a song idea for our trio with Neil Young. As we were wrapping up he asked me if I wanted to hear another new tune he had been working on. The next day Neil, Bobby and I were sitting in Neil's ancient Cadillac listening to both songs, and we decided to record the newer one from the previous evening which, needless to say, became Easy Answers. Bobby recorded his lead vocal around midnight. Neil and I wouldn't let him do it over again as we both felt he had captured the true spirit of a preacher in his late night delivery. I remember thinking that the song must be pretty good when I saw Neil simultaneously washing dinner dishes at the studio sink and dancing non-stop while he listened to the playback. He commented that my vocal part sounded like a disinterested New Yorker on a street corner using a pay phone while singing the words 'easy answers'!

So Dave, you were probably at the show, what did you think about the chopping up of Music with cheesy Answers? Yea or no?
I'd like to find the proper potion
That's gonna capture your emotion

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Ossumpei wrote:Was at that Giants Stadium show in 93. Did the tour through Shoreline. Remember them playing it through the tour. What a summer.

I was at Giants in '93. RFK as well.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Zipster

Postby Zipster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Chuckster wrote:
Mojohand714 wrote:Looks like Neil Young was the 3rd person in on Easy Answers :listen

You, in fact, are CORRECT, Sir! :clap

I know: Uncle Neil, of all folks :doh :think :lol:

Well I'll be darned, the information that Dead Heads have is awesome...Who Knew :?:
Smile, Smile, Smile (~):-)

Kevman

Postby Kevman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Chuckster wrote:
Kevman wrote:Interesting bit of info there. I actually have the Trios CD. I'll have to dig it out and give it a listen. It's been years since I last did.

I have it as well, Kevman, and what’s also on there IIRC, is something with Edie Brickell & Jerry, and (again if I’m not mistaken) this lead to a conceptual project with Ms. Brickell and JG, whereby they were going to explore/develop an endeavor using music as an (at the very least) adjunctive therapeutic method to treat mental/emotional disorders, something the late Stevie Ray Vaughan was also interested in developing...I always wondered if all three of them SRV/EB/JG might’ve collaborated together, and what gifts/help such a partnership might’ve led to...

Remember, this was back in late 80’s, 1989/early 90’s, so it would’ve held some potential to perhaps have been pioneering “work”...Though alas, fate and procrastination had other notions...

Yes it does indeed make you wonder what might have been. Along a similar path I heard that Jimi Hendrix would've turned 75 this week. I've often wondered what kind of music/collaborations he would have made had he lived.

Ossumpei

Postby Ossumpei » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Equinox wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:Was at that Giants Stadium show in 93. Did the tour through Shoreline. Remember them playing it through the tour. What a summer.

They has some rocking shakedowns there. I miss them days.
Red Rocks 2012

Equinox

Postby Equinox » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Ossumpei wrote:
Equinox wrote:

They has some rocking shakedowns there. I miss them days.

So do I. Met some great people there.
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Nice transition into Eyes here. :listen

Return to “Show Review”