DSO 9/23/16

Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
DrippingColors

DSO 9/23/16

Postby DrippingColors » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:42 am

Great show in Cleveland last night. Played a hot rendition of the 1978 concert performed just a few blocks away at the Cleveland Music Hall. The late 70s DSO shows are my favorite, being the first tapes I heard just before I saw my first GD concert in 79. I accurately remembered the If I Had the World to Give was played in that set, as well as Shakedown, prior to the album's release. Would love to do Jamaica. Anyone ever done their Carribean shows?

http://www.dead.net/show/november-20-1978

SunshineSue

Re: DSO 9/23/16

Postby SunshineSue » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm glad you caught a good one!! That would be cool if they recreated a Michigan show tonight! :dance

As for Jam in the Sand, I haven't done that, but the same travel company does Mule's Island Exodus at the same venue which we're going to for a second time in January because last year's was so perfect. So I have no doubt that the DSO run would be just as fun and definitely money well-spent. It's really like a private party, not a big crowded event like Paradise Waits. My dream trip would be to go for 10 days and do both Mule and DSO back to back. I'll meet you in Jamaica!! :sunshine

Return to “Show Review”