Post show reviews here and join in live setlist discussions
Emvibe

Postby Emvibe » Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 am

Start of Dead and Co Summer Tour 2017 is just two weeks away! We thought it would be best to set up a sign up sheet for help with set lists and the prediction game. Just let me know when you want to help out and what for and I'll add you to the list! We will continue to fill in the sign up sheet as tour rolls on. Thanks for your help! :clap

If you are unfamiliar with the process we like to have a new thread started for each night's show for set list, discussions, and pictures. The set list gets kept on the first post of the thread and updated as the show is going on live. We also post any stream information on that first post as well. It is a community effort here so we do help each other out with stream info, show info, poster pictures, etc so don't feel like you need to do all the research yourself. As for the prediction game the night you sign up for you are expected to post the new thread where people can make their picks for that night as well as tallying totals after that night's show is completed.

June 30: Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
Prediction Game: EmVibe

Set List: EmVibe

July 1: Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
Prediction Game: Emvibe

Set List: SunshineSue
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

SunshineSue

Re: SIGN UP: For Set Lists and Prediction Game

Postby SunshineSue » Mon May 15, 2017 9:18 am

Thanks much for setting this up, Em!! How about putting me down for the set lists for MGM on the 27th and Boulder on 6/9 to start, and I can pretty much fill in wherever is needed!!

Here's hoping we get lots of streams, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the change in Mixlr's format. Fingers crossed! :crossed :listen

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 am

What happened to mixlr?

I can probably do one or 2.... especially those east coast one at the end of the tour. I'll get back to you :)
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Denver Man wrote:What happened to mixlr?

As I understand it, as of 5/17, you'll have to upgrade to a paid plan to broadcast, the cheapest of which is $9.99/month. I think it will still be free to listen, but don't quote me on that. So recruiting folks for just a show or two, or for a new person to decide to stream at the last minute will be more difficult and require a financial outlay. I'm wondering if that will mean more periscopes (a format some phones can't access) or more Ustream, or, heaven forbid, less streams total. It's going to be a significant change, I fear. :think

rippleish20

Postby rippleish20 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:57 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Denver Man wrote:What happened to mixlr?

As I understand it, as of 5/17, you'll have to upgrade to a paid plan to broadcast, the cheapest of which is $9.99/month. I think it will still be free to listen, but don't quote me on that. So recruiting folks for just a show or two, or for a new person to decide to stream at the last minute will be more difficult and require a financial outlay. I'm wondering if that will mean more periscopes (a format some phones can't access) or more Ustream, or, heaven forbid, less streams total. It's going to be a significant change, I fear. :think

It turns out mixlr is primarily concerned with people streaming using the Desktop application and not so much people using phones to stream. People with existing accounts will continue to be able to stream via phones for the foreseeable future. If you don't have an account signing up for one will only give you 14 days of streaming and is more of a problem. They are mot going to charge people to listen period. There also has been some talk of groups on FB paying for group mixlr accounts which would be shared.

I haven't researched it but ustream is apparently also starting to charge or will be and will end free accounts...

I think FB live streams are going to be a lot more common

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Tue May 16, 2017 6:00 pm

When 'The Man' finds out something is free 'The Man' puts and end to that nonsense :whistle
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

rippleish20 wrote:I think FB live streams are going to be a lot more common

I'm afraid you're right about that, and I may finally have to break down and sign up. :doh

patchthenation

Postby patchthenation » Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 am

Denver Man wrote:When 'The Man' finds out something is free 'The Man' puts and end to that nonsense :whistle

edit: "When 'The Man' finds out something is free AND POPULAR" :evil:

patchthenation

Postby patchthenation » Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 am

I'll be moving next weekend, yeah yeah I know let's hear it a million more times right? But I will def be signing up after I'm all settled and can Deadicate some time to running a game or setlist. Promise :) :woo

AaronK

Postby AaronK » Wed May 24, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm not going to help run a show because I'll just forget or something. But, I will update my song tracker database and post the ongoing list of songs and times played so far. Same basic format as last tour, but I'll probably update it with some historical info from the previous tour. So, something like:

Song: Ramble On Rose
Times Played this tour: 3
First Date Played this tour: 00-00-00
Last Date Played this tour: 99-99-99
Times played by Dead&Co: 15

Return to “Show Review”