2018 TN Fantasy Football Thread

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
23atwell

Re: 2018 TN Fantasy Football Thread

Post by 23atwell » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm

Oh man Sue! I hope the Raiders do better than this. I feel for you. It’s just first game. ☮️❤️
Im going to sit right here until I die

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Kevin wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 am
I don’t really remember or understand how FAAB works. Can anyone give me a quick refresher or tutorial? I understand the basics but can use a refresher. Also how does putting a player on IR work again?
Thanks
Hey Kevin,
You have $200 total to spend on players on the waiver wire. Whomever bids the most gets the player.

A player has to be designated "OUT" and then it will allow you to place the player on IR and replace with an available free agent. When the player is no longer designated "OUT", you'll have to bring him off the IR (and drop a player to make room) in order to make any moves.

Let me know if you have any questions...
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks Mark, good to know for future reference. :terrapinnation!
Smell Every Flower

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am

Just to start the day with some whine, it has become clear to me that any RB I draft is going to get injured. Here's hoping I don't lose another one this week, a la last year. Plus my sneaky WR pick up is now moot, since Desean recovered too quickly. :roll:

Despite that, enjoy the games!! If the Lions don't improve considerably, I may have to re-evaluate my August Super Bowl prediction. :mrgreen:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:56 am

Question: I dropped G Olsen from the Panthers when he became hurt, not realizing there is an IR option. I just picked him up again with the hopes to put him in the IR spot until his return. Any one have any insight on this? :think

Thanks !!
Smell Every Flower

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Kevin wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:56 am
Question: I dropped G Olsen from the Panthers when he became hurt, not realizing there is an IR option. I just picked him up again with the hopes to put him in the IR spot until his return. Any one have any insight on this? :think

Thanks !!
If he's formally put on IR, you'll see an IR line appear on your roster page, that lovely slot where I had to keep David Johnson all last season. But it looks like Carolina doesn't want to do that yet. I dropped him in one league without an IR spot, kept him in another. Kind of wish I'd kept him in both, from what I'm hearing. :think

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:40 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:04 pm
Kevin wrote:

Thanks !!
If he's formally put on IR, you'll see an IR line appear on your roster page, that lovely slot where I had to keep David Johnson all last season. But it looks like Carolina doesn't want to do that yet. I dropped him in one league without an IR spot, kept him in another. Kind of wish I'd kept him in both, from what I'm hearing. :think
Thanks Sue, not the answer I expected but no big deal. I’m a 2nd half of the season team anyway !! :)
Smell Every Flower

23atwell

Post by 23atwell » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 am

DM, I went to bed last night being the winner and then I wake up and your the winner. Something must of got correct on your end but that’s hurt!
Im going to sit right here until I die

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:13 pm

23atwell wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:42 am
DM, I went to bed last night being the winner and then I wake up and your the winner. Something must of got correct on your end but that’s hurt!
Uhh I also went to bed thinking you won after Elliot scored. I can't tell which of my players scores got adjusted. Do you remember what the score was last night? Sorry man, yahoo must have got corrected something in the middle of the night.

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:04 pm
Kevin wrote:

Thanks !!
You can also put him on IR if he is designated OUT. But this usually doesn't happen until at least Friday when they release the injury report or even later if it's a game time decision. After the games are over for the week (Monday-ish) sometimes they'll remove the OUT designation and then you have to get the player off your IR to be able to make any other moves. Then come next game day they may again designate him as OUT and you can put him back on IR.

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing :?