PTHD - Is anyone else experiencing this???

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
DeadDuck

Re: PTHD - Is anyone else experiencing this???

Post by DeadDuck » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:24 pm
DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm
SunshineSue wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Yes, and I've got it bad and the news is just making it worse. Someone come find me when football starts.... :(
College? NFL? Who you rootin for?
All of the above!! Specifically the Lions for NFL, Michigan for NCAA and every single one of my fantasy leagues, which is usually around 15-20 or so. A football addiction, you might ask? You better believe it!! :mrgreen:

By the way, we run a couple leagues around here, the more serious TN Fantasy Football League, which might have an opening or two this year, and the free, open-to-all NFL pick'em league. I encourage everyone to join. It's fun just talking about it, come on, kick off!! :cheer:
Chicago Bears and Oregon Ducks alum/fanatic here. I, too, have a pretty serious football addiction. Haven't done FF in over a decade but perhaps I'll consider it.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 pm

The Days Between is just around the corner, JKB at the Hamilton in DC on August 3rd and afew other shows that week.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

strangerinboulder

Post by strangerinboulder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm
SunshineSue wrote:
DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm

College? NFL? Who you rootin for?
All of the above!! Specifically the Lions for NFL, Michigan for NCAA and every single one of my fantasy leagues, which is usually around 15-20 or so. A football addiction, you might ask? You better believe it!! :mrgreen:

By the way, we run a couple leagues around here, the more serious TN Fantasy Football League, which might have an opening or two this year, and the free, open-to-all NFL pick'em league. I encourage everyone to join. It's fun just talking about it, come on, kick off!! :cheer:
Chicago Bears and Oregon Ducks alum/fanatic here. I, too, have a pretty serious football addiction. Haven't done FF in over a decade but perhaps I'll consider it.
Packers + the Buffs. Get a Vikings fan in + we have an NFC North panel

Mojohand714

Post by Mojohand714 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm

I've been talking about post-tour depression for 25 years. It doesn't usually get to me until around 2 weeks after the tour, once all the happy trails are gone, and I've succumbed to some sort of grind again. Television makes the withdraws come on quicker and more severe. Just gotta keep that little spark alive and before you know it, it'll be time to freak out about getting tickets, and then once you got some, BS becomes temporary again. A good square meal always helps too! :jester

Terrapinjim

Post by Terrapinjim » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 pm

strangerinboulder wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 pm
DeadDuck wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm
SunshineSue wrote:

Packers + the Buffs. Get a Vikings fan in + we have an NFC North panel
Steelers + any college game but if I have to choose then go Boilers hometown thing. My football addiction is serious but I coach at the high school level to get my fix. We've already been practicing a couple times a week since the first of June.
If you get confused listen to the music play.

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

The name Deadduck is perfect for an Oregon head! :clap

Can I just say that a PTHD thread with a whole lot of football content made my day?! Now, I just have to behave myself with the wonderful Ohioans around here come November. Go Blue!! :D

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:17 am

SunshineSue wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

Can I just say that a PTHD thread with a whole lot of football content made my day?! Now, I just have to behave myself with the wonderful Ohioans around here come November. Go Blue!! :D
Believe me Sue, we all wish it was still a rivalry!! :twisted: :whistle :rofl
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

DeadDuck

Post by DeadDuck » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

I went to school there post-Jerry (moved to Eugene in '96). So, that show in Autzen Stadium two weeks ago was absolutely surreal for me. I've been to SOOOO many games there but didn't catch the Dead in Autzen (unfortunately) in the 80s/90s. Couldn't help but smile when they flashed Mayer's high tops with the big "O" on them during the show. Sneaker aficionado just had to pay homage to the home of Nike. Kinda out of place for a Dead show, but still appreciated, nonetheless.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

Griff

Post by Griff » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Love love love.

Ok......I feel a lot better just laughing at the funny comments. Lol. Thanks.

So clearly this was all in jest. But it is sad when the tour ends. I do have some depression. But yes future shows are always the cure.

Have Jrad August 10, heading to Vail to see JKB band 2 nights with a girlfriend August 17/18 and am either gonna go to Lockn or alternatively we have Cosmic Twang in Seattle on the 24th. Plus we will have a Lockn stream party.

Also Phish is doing their annual weekend shows at the Gorge this weekend.

All good.......I will survive. Lol

But sports are a good distraction. Go Mariners. Lol.

Griff

Post by Griff » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Epilogue......

Just booked my flight room and got my ticket to Lockn.........so it's the end of the world as we know it........and I feel fine

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:colorwave

:terrapinnation!

:smileys-passing-joint