splatter_face

Re: Camping at Alpine Valley?

Post by splatter_face » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 pm

FYI. Pre party at the ski resort prior to the show on Saturday

Wisconsindead

Post by Wisconsindead » Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am

No camping is allowed at Alpine.

They clear the lot. I remember getting hassled following Phish a few years ago because we were hanging around for a while waiting for the lot to clear out before leaving.

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am

splatter_face wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 pm
DrippingColors wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 pm
The state parks seem to have a two day minimum stay. I was going to take off after Saturday's show. I found a spot around half an hour away called Cycle K campground for $25. I'll bet they don't clear the lot, but I've got a space just in case.
Hate to say but they will 100 percent clear the lot after the show. Alpine has not allowed on sight camping for a very long time. I always stay at Country View campground which works pretty good.
Thx for the info. Not sure if they've had a two night stand in a while, but I haven't been there since the last time the Dead played there.

B-Rad

Post by B-Rad » Thu May 10, 2018 9:23 am

The last time I was there was either Phish in 97 or Furthur Fest 96. They didn't allow camping in the lot but there were a lot of locals who opened up their yards/fields for camping close to the venue.

CountingStars

Post by CountingStars » Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm

I've camped at Pine Woods and at Ottawa Lake campgrounda. I think that Pine Woods is within the Kettle Moraine forest. Pine Woods is much nicer.
But, I haven't been there since Jerry days. ...

DrippingColors

Post by DrippingColors » Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:04 pm
DrippingColors wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 pm
The state parks seem to have a two day minimum stay. I was going to take off after Saturday's show. I found a spot around half an hour away called Cycle K campground for $25. I'll bet they don't clear the lot, but I've got a space just in case.
I have my site booked for Friday and Saturday night. You driving home right after the Saturday show? Let me know if you need a place to crash for a bit.
Thanks, that's mighty hospitable of you! I have a camper van so we'll probably drive a little past Chicago and sleep at a rest area. We will have done four shows that week and will want to get back. We definitely have to meet up somewhere at the shows or back home. I'm in little Italy every Wednesday!

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 pm

DrippingColors wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Thanks, that's mighty hospitable of you! I have a camper van so we'll probably drive a little past Chicago and sleep at a rest area. We will have done four shows that week and will want to get back. We definitely have to meet up somewhere at the shows or back home. I'm in little Italy every Wednesday!
We better!!! I'm in Little Italy damn near every night of the year cuz I live here. What the heck are you doing here every Wednesday and why didn't I already know this?!
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know