Free Webcast of John Perry Barlow Memorial Sunday 4/8

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
SunshineSue

Free Webcast of John Perry Barlow Memorial Sunday 4/8

Post by SunshineSue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:31 pm

There will be free webcasts on Sunday of the memorial being held at the Fillmore for John Perry Barlow, called Barlow's Graduation from Meatspace. The webcast starts at 8 pm ET/5 PT and is being streamed by Nugs and Relix on YouTube and Facebook, links are below. I'm not sure who exactly is playing, the most specific description I could find is this one from Nugs:

Join us Sunday April 8th for a Free Webcast of the sold out John Perry Barlow memorial celebration at The Fillmore in San Francisco. Bay Area musicians and special guests will come together to celebrate the profound impact that longtime Grateful Dead lyricist Barlow had on their lives and music. Webcast will start at 5PM PT.

The JPB site describes the event this way:

We invite you to join us on April 8th for one last BarlowFrenzy. Let us come together to celebrate the profound impact that John Perry Barlow had on our lives. While a BarlowFrenzy will not be the same without Barlow, we intend to make this a party he would be proud of. There will be fine words spoken, there will dancing, but most importantly there will be you – his prized collection of humanity at its finest.

“One never knows what alchemy any particular moment will provide a BarlowFrenzy. As you have seen, the method by which I convene these things leaves almost everything to chance and magic. But since magic will often deliver for those who have faith, I'm rarely disappointed.

Sometimes, however, the magic kicks in hard. A gathering assembles itself is already connected with The Third Rail of the Universe. Then no one dances but everyone is danced, no one seeks, but everyone finds, none are called, but all are chosen.” - Barlow

In his honor, let’s invoke the magic he was such a master at finding himself in the center of!

Links:

Relix Youtube - https://bit.ly/2JnSqLu

Relix Facebook - https://goo.gl/nHnuFW

Nugs Youtube - https://youtu.be/8OVGWJ9E5U0

Kevin

Re: Free Webcast of John Perry Barlow Memorial Sunday 4/8

Post by Kevin » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:45 pm

SunshineSue wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:31 pm
There will be free webcasts on Sunday of the memorial being held at the Fillmore for John Perry Barlow, called Barlow's Graduation from Meatspace. The webcast starts at 8 pm ET/5 PT and is being streamed by Nugs and Relix on YouTube and Facebook, links are below. I'm not sure who exactly is playing, the most specific description I could find is this one from Nugs:

Join us Sunday April 8th for a Free Webcast of the sold out John Perry Barlow memorial celebration at The Fillmore in San Francisco. Bay Area musicians and special guests will come together to celebrate the profound impact that longtime Grateful Dead lyricist Barlow had on their lives and music. Webcast will start at 5PM PT.

The JPB site describes the event this way:

We invite you to join us on April 8th for one last BarlowFrenzy. Let us come together to celebrate the profound impact that John Perry Barlow had on our lives. While a BarlowFrenzy will not be the same without Barlow, we intend to make this a party he would be proud of. There will be fine words spoken, there will dancing, but most importantly there will be you – his prized collection of humanity at its finest.

“One never knows what alchemy any particular moment will provide a BarlowFrenzy. As you have seen, the method by which I convene these things leaves almost everything to chance and magic. But since magic will often deliver for those who have faith, I'm rarely disappointed.

Sometimes, however, the magic kicks in hard. A gathering assembles itself is already connected with The Third Rail of the Universe. Then no one dances but everyone is danced, no one seeks, but everyone finds, none are called, but all are chosen.” - Barlow

In his honor, let’s invoke the magic he was such a master at finding himself in the center of!

Links:

Relix Youtube - https://bit.ly/2JnSqLu

Relix Facebook - https://goo.gl/nHnuFW

Nugs Youtube - https://youtu.be/8OVGWJ9E5U0

Bump for what should be a good one :bears2
Smell Every Flower

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

I keep seeing this and thinking I'll have to remember this when we get closer to the date... then I just realized today is April 8th. How is it already April 8th?! My mind thinks it's still the middle of March! Must be this damn weather....
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

bones

Post by bones » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 pm

so what time does the 8 pm show start ?
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
11/30 Joan, Anders & Robert Randolph do Dylan
12/1 TTB

splatter_face

Post by splatter_face » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Wow, cool. I am game! Hope everyone is well

splatter_face

Post by splatter_face » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Any word on the musicians involved in this celebration?

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 pm

splatter_face wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm
Bob Weir, Steve Kimock, Sean Lennon, Harper Simon, Jerry Harrison, Robin Sylvester, Paul Ill, Alex Koford
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

splatter_face

Post by splatter_face » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:22 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:19 pm
splatter_face wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:13 pm
Bob Weir, Steve Kimock, Sean Lennon, Harper Simon, Jerry Harrison, Robin Sylvester, Paul Ill, Alex Koford
All star cast!

bones

Post by bones » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 pm

soul rebels from NOLA opened 9:24
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB