R.I.P. John Perry Barlow

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
patchthenation

Re: R.I.P. John Perry Barlow

Post by patchthenation » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

omg smh

what the hell does Julian Assange have to do with JPB

Of all the places to have terrible entities connected......the GD world? :shock: :roll: :(

I know it is because of his internet life, not his GD life, but Assange posting about JPB is not something I wanted to see happen.
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Has anyone seen the video of the service?
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm

dr bakes wrote:Has anyone seen the video of the service?
Yup, I don't recommend posting it publicly. If someone wants to view it, privately share the link with them. Just my two cents.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

bones

Post by bones » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm

KC.Jones wrote:
dr bakes wrote:Has anyone seen the video of the service?
Yup, I don't recommend posting it publicly. If someone wants to view it, privately share the link with them. Just my two cents.
I agree...
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
11/30 Joan, Anders & Robert Randolph do Dylan
12/1 TTB

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

^ i third that. A friend of mine sent it to me over the weeekend...some things are better kept private
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

splatter_face

Post by splatter_face » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:37 pm

I have a hard time at funerals and just dealing with death in general so I won't post it or watch it. That said i have a feeling the video was taken with the intent to have it shared and allow those not present to pay their respects. Just a guess though ..

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

I'd tend to agree with you SF...if it wasn't intended to be shared online then half the room probably wouldn't have had their wicked smart phones out. JPB being an internet pioneer...maybe he asked for something to be shared...who knows?? Certainly not my cup of tea though. They're not going to be able to get me in an Urn fast enough but to each their own. Hopefully nobody close to the family was offended by the posting

KC.Jones

Post by KC.Jones » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Boxorain wrote:Hopefully nobody close to the family was offended by the posting
That's what my immediate thought was when I viewed it. I felt like I was watching something I wasn't supposed to be. But if the family's fine with it then I am as well. It was just more detail that I expected to see when I blindly clicked the link. What has me upset is that hardly any of the online chatter is about how moving and beautiful of a tribute it was, and instead about the shocking and revealing nature of the video. I loved all the smiles on everyone's faces in the room.

Last night in a dream of mine I remember seeing a news article headline that read "Four days after the passing of John Perry Barlow, fellow Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter passes away." That's about the only snippet I remember from that dream. Hopefully it isn't a premonition. Four days after Barlow's passing would have been yesterday so at least that portion won't be true.
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:29 pm

KC.Jones wrote:Last night in a dream of mine I remember seeing a news article headline that read "Four days after the passing of John Perry Barlow, fellow Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter passes away." That's about the only snippet I remember from that dream. Hopefully it isn't a premonition. Four days after Barlow's passing would have been yesterday so at least that portion won't be true.

DUDE

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am

The first part Bobby seems pretty rattled, but he clearly rallied by the end, I thought the gal at the base of the bed was too exuberant.
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT