ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Post Reply
User avatar
Griff
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:32 pm
Contact:

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by Griff » Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm

:terrapinnation!

Welcome deadduck. My sister and 2nd wife are Ducks. I am a WA Husky. Have a Buff son, Sun Devil daughter and 2 WA Cougars. Lol. My sister's husband is a Cal Bear. Damn near the Pac 12.

Yes the vibe in Boulder is awesome and the scene good. Good shakedown but best is Shoreline. Can't wait.

I am need beta on Philly BB&T. So ticketbastards just sent me an email about a reserved section on the lawn for $50. Is it worth it?????

User avatar
SunshineSue
Posts: 18458
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by SunshineSue » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
New guy here! (to Terrapin Nation, that is)

I'll be at Autzen in Eugene, and both shows in Boulder (ROAD TRIP!)

Can't believe the first show at Autzen in 20 years, since U2 played there, is gonna be D&C. Wild. Fyi, my name here, DeadDuck, is based on me being a U of Oregon grad. I still live in Oregon, for that matter.

Can anyone give me some insight on prior Boulder shows? Does it get cold after sundown? Is the lot scene strong? Vibe?
Welcome to Terrapin Nation, Deadduck!! :welcomewave

Boulder shows are great, though parking is so scattered I never found a lot scene, per se. But it's fun all over in and around the stadium. My tip is to get tickets on the side of the stadium that faces away from the sun if you're in the seats. Your eyes and skin will thank you for it! :sunshine

User avatar
touch of rain
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:05 am

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by touch of rain » Thu May 03, 2018 5:44 am

Hi DeadDuck, welcome! Same shows I'm going to - got any extra seats in the car? :)

Boulder was amazing last year. Overheard on the first day - "Boulder's in lockdown for the next three days. Anything goes!"

Parking lot scene is in a few locations, there was a lot across from the main entrance, and another one about a five minute walk.

SEAT TIPS - there was almost no inside security re seating! We had nosebleed seats, but my Boulder native friend immediately led us to one of the best lower level sections - 205 or 206, canlt rememver exactly. We sat in pretty much the same place for both nights. No crowding or seating problems; it's bleachers, and there was lots of space.

Counting the days!
:rockon :jumpclap :waving :listen :clap
It takes time to pick a place to go ...
:smileys-passing-joint

User avatar
DeadDuck
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:13 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by DeadDuck » Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

Griff wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm
:terrapinnation!

Welcome deadduck. My sister and 2nd wife are Ducks. I am a WA Husky. Have a Buff son, Sun Devil daughter and 2 WA Cougars. Lol. My sister's husband is a Cal Bear. Damn near the Pac 12.

Yes the vibe in Boulder is awesome and the scene good. Good shakedown but best is Shoreline. Can't wait.

I am need beta on Philly BB&T. So ticketbastards just sent me an email about a reserved section on the lawn for $50. Is it worth it?????
Shoreline shakedown was stellar last year. As my FIL put it, though, the scene was a little "rough." The recreational stuff was apparently replaced by considerably harder stuff by more people than I'm accustomed to at shows, not that I'm one to judge. Great shows. Great shakedown. Crowd was a bit off, in our little experience. Hopefully others didn't experience what we did in our section of seats.

As for the seats, any seat in the show is always better than any seat outside the show!
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

User avatar
DeadDuck
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 2:13 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by DeadDuck » Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am

Man, look at all the info! Thanks everyone.

We're rolling three generations deep to the shows this summer...again! Like Sly Stone says: It's A Family Affair!

If anyone's headed to Eugene and not familiar with the territory, ask away. I know it well.
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul.

User avatar
patchthenation
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by patchthenation » Thu May 03, 2018 1:21 pm

:welcomewave to :terrapinnation!

Have a Grate time at the shows DeadDuck! And enjoy TN, we are glad to have you aboard :)
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

User avatar
KC.Jones
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by KC.Jones » Thu May 03, 2018 4:06 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
New guy here! (to Terrapin Nation, that is)

I'll be at Autzen in Eugene, and both shows in Boulder (ROAD TRIP!)

Can't believe the first show at Autzen in 20 years, since U2 played there, is gonna be D&C. Wild. Fyi, my name here, DeadDuck, is based on me being a U of Oregon grad. I still live in Oregon, for that matter.

Can anyone give me some insight on prior Boulder shows? Does it get cold after sundown? Is the lot scene strong? Vibe?
Welcome to The Nation DeadDuck!!!!! :bears2 :beer_cheer :welcomewave
You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know

strangerinboulder
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 am
Location: In the land of Chief Niwot's (Left Hand) curse

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by strangerinboulder » Thu May 03, 2018 7:23 pm

DeadDuck wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
New guy here! (to Terrapin Nation, that is)

I'll be at Autzen in Eugene, and both shows in Boulder (ROAD TRIP!)

Can't believe the first show at Autzen in 20 years, since U2 played there, is gonna be D&C. Wild. Fyi, my name here, DeadDuck, is based on me being a U of Oregon grad. I still live in Oregon, for that matter.

Can anyone give me some insight on prior Boulder shows? Does it get cold after sundown? Is the lot scene strong? Vibe?
Welcome to the jamboree. If the past is any indication, I'll be hanging out with Bill Walton at the Folsom shows. The '16 shows were a little lackluster . They made up for it in a big way last year. It will be the early stage of dog days. You're looking at high 60's post- show. Hopefully I'll run into you, + not over you
Last edited by strangerinboulder on Thu May 03, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

strangerinboulder
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:25 am
Location: In the land of Chief Niwot's (Left Hand) curse

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by strangerinboulder » Thu May 03, 2018 7:26 pm

touch of rain wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:44 am
Hi DeadDuck, welcome! Same shows I'm going to - got any extra seats in the car? :)

Boulder was amazing last year. Overheard on the first day - "Boulder's in lockdown for the next three days. Anything goes!"

Parking lot scene is in a few locations, there was a lot across from the main entrance, and another one about a five minute walk.

SEAT TIPS - there was almost no inside security re seating! We had nosebleed seats, but my Boulder native friend immediately led us to one of the best lower level sections - 205 or 206, canlt rememver exactly. We sat in pretty much the same place for both nights. No crowding or seating problems; it's bleachers, and there was lots of space.

Counting the days!
:rockon :jumpclap :waving :listen :clap
I know, I have to quit telling people that. The freakin' locals are loco :rofl
Last edited by strangerinboulder on Thu May 03, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bones
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: ROLL CALL: Dead and Company Summer Tour!!!

Post by bones » Thu May 03, 2018 7:38 pm

East coast custie here :mrgreen:

But if u evah get out this way im sure a few of us would luv to meet up with ya

Ya know....run your life...steal your wife :mrgreen: :shock: :rofl
Shall we go...you & I while we can...
7/8 TTB
7/11 Yes
7/14 Dark Side of Mule
7/20 JRAD
7/21 Eagles
7/30 Bearly Dead GD Night @ Fenway

Post Reply