The John Kadlecik Thread

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
dr bakes

Re: The John Kadlecik Thread

Post by dr bakes » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Kimock in California all the way,
Someone said that John isn't allowed to shine in his usual way with Everyone Orchestra
Tell me a lie and I will swear, i'll swear it's True
DT

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:08 pm

rippleish20 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:31 pm
Boxorain wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 pm
rippleish20 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 pm

I bought tickets for Kimock & Friends on 5-3 and 5-4 (basically Ratdog without Weir but there are special guests) only to find out about these shows.

SKF in CA versus JK nearby. I hate when this happens :shock:
I want to be Rippleish when I grow up. Wow man, CA huh?! Unless something pops up on Bob’s radar and he’s suspected to be there, I’d choose Kimock (Ratdog) in a heartbeat. If I didn’t think he’d be there...I’d stay local for the orchestra. Good group of cats plus JK of course. Either way...win win :guitarred
It would seem highly possible Bob would be the special guest for something so close to Ratdog and so close to SF, and Kimock is my second favorite musicians, which is why I bought tickets. On the other hand, it's seems crazy to spend a lot of money to fly to CA when JK is playing a half hour from my house.

This happened with the first round of Oteil & Friends shows last year. I had tickets to all the NC shows only to find out Kimock was playing in Albany at the same time. 12 hour drive to see Oteil and Friends or 20 minute drive to see Kimock! :doh

But yes, first world problems...
It’s gotta be a lock Bobby plays with them. I heard him a few years ago talking about how much he loves the band but the name Ratdog he’s had about enough of. In true GD (warlocks) fashion, this is the perfect way to advertise an intimate Ratdog reunion. You’re gonna catch some tasty shows Alan and I’m not afraid to say...IM TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!!
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

bones

Post by bones » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm

This thread should be renamed to:

I'm gay for JK :shock:

Just kidding...glad to see JK playing in so many diff configurations

Ive yet to see see DC Mystery Cats
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
11/30 Joan, Anders & Robert Randolph do Dylan
12/1 TTB

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:40 pm

^ well it is the unofficial JK site. I hear there’s one like this for Bobby too but when I went over to it, there was enough negativity, bickering and drama to mistake it for a Phil site :shock:

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 am

dr bakes wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 pm
Kimock in California all the way,
Someone said that John isn't allowed to shine in his usual way with Everyone Orchestra
It was probably me :waving :smokesmile
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

rippleish20

Post by rippleish20 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am

bones wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm
This thread should be renamed to:

I'm gay for JK :shock:

Just kidding...glad to see JK playing in so many diff configurations

Ive yet to see see DC Mystery Cats
I loved Jerry and ended up going to something like 450 GD/JG shows. John is my favorite current musician and I go to a ton of John shows. I've gotten to know everyone in JKB and the Wingmen and had a lot of fun interacting with them lately. Not sure why that's "gay". It also makes me feel good to promote artists like John and Steve, whom I feel are under appreciated, rather than spend my money on nostalgia acts, You know, I see people still obsessing about John Mayer wearing checkered pants at a show two years ago. That's gay to me but to each their own.

EO can be hit or miss and, no, I am not excited as much by EO shows although the ones with John and Kimock last summer were excellent. On the other hand, we are talking about the hassle of flying to CA and spending ~$800 and three days of vacation time for two SKF shows versus ~$90 for three EO shows with John with three hours of vacation time... But I very much miss the Ratdog incarnation from 2014 and the SKF shows are very promising

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:16 pm

rippleish20 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 am

I loved Jerry and ended up going to something like 450 GD/JG shows.

* Have I mentioned I want to be Rippleish when I grow up?! Wow, that’s totally fantastic :guitarred

But I very much miss the Ratdog incarnation from 2014 and the SKF shows are very promising
Ratdog is by far my fav post GD creation and I too loved the 14’ lineup, It was perfect for these ears.

bones

Post by bones » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:46 pm

I enjoy most every incarnation that SK or JK are in...

Seen em both in quite a few incarnations

Even SK solo shows which one of these lovers has hated on...

I rarely complain about a show...but when a show is off i feel i have the right to say that here...or on other boards

I felt that way about 1 ggw show...even left when the encore started...which is VERY RARE for me....but i gave a plausible explanation in that they played peach the afternoon b4 boston...maybe just an off nite for them

I said i was kidding but i guess ive offended some folks here with that comment

As for EO even tho it is free form jamming there is still structure to it..saw SK in one...i liked it...wouldnt say i loved it

I will def give it a shot again with JK when it comes to Boston

Dont think id travel far to see EO...but like thats just my opinion

Oh and a large coffee will still cost you just this side of 3 bucks...

11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
12/1 TTB

bones

Post by bones » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:11 pm

So to comment on nostalga band comment...

SK does JGB tribute a couple years ago...which i loved by the way...saw a couple of those shows

People bitched..he needs to do new stuff not cover jerry

SK comes out with 2 albums of new material...which i also loved...saw like 3 of those shows

People bitched..wtf is this new stuff

Btw I think JK does nice job with blending his own material, JGB & GD tunes

And i totally agree they are both under rated and def worth seeing if they come near you

I am just not in a position right mow to travel far to see in any band...luckily there is a lot in the greater Boston > New England > New York area for me to pick & choose from :mrgreen:

11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/29 TTB
12/1 TTB

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm

Bonsey, I don’t think anyone was that bothered. Gay technically means happy anyways plus I know you were just kidding. When peeps are super passionate about a musician / sports team / etc things can be taken a tad personally. I’ve often been irritated by the “slow and deliberate” comment used negatively in regards to Bob.... but then I just remind myself that people are totally clueless and my musical knowledge is far superior...lol It’s all’s good mon :hop