Bob and Phil mini NE tour?

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
patchthenation

Re: Bob and Phil mini NE tour?

Post by patchthenation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am

OMG YOU GUYS!!!!

Chicago here I come...mehopes!
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 am

I'm surprised that Shappy isn't promoting these shows as "Perhaps the last time Bobbby and Phil play together as a duo",FTW style hype.
I'd like to find the proper potion
That's gonna capture your emotion

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am

Hey does anyone know where to find audio from Bobby on Tales yesterday? Thanks!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 pm

"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm

patchthenation wrote:Hey does anyone know where to find audio from Bobby on Tales yesterday? Thanks!
Talesfromthegoldenroad.com has rebroadcasts
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm

dr bakes wrote:I'm surprised that Shappy isn't promoting these shows as "Perhaps the last time Bobbby and Phil play together as a duo",FTW style hype.
Well, that wouldn't be very honest. Chances are the FTW lineup will never happen again, even minus Trey.

Peeps bang on Peter all the time (not that you were) but I got nothing but thank you's for him. FTW was the ultimate experience, reviving the Cap, Phil residencies, Brooklyn bowl, facilitating scenarios for Bobby and Phil to play together, suggesting and bringing together JRAD, providing a life line to Relix - the only musical mag left that's actually about music...the list goes on and on. Very thankful for the risks Pete Shapiro has taken and the personal benefits we've received. Good dude
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Just because I want to post my stream of thoughts....

Thank you Phil, Bob, and Shappy for the WEEKEND Chicago dates. This will provide me a chance to see a show with BOTH parents for the first time since the GD haha.......looking forward to surprising them with tickets on Christmas!

Being that I want to go with both of them, I don't know if we will attend both shows. Maybe just Saturday, seeing as how tickets start at $79.50 and I want us to get good seats. The flight from CA to Chi won't be cheap either.

Best part? Staying with the rents instead of spending money on a hotel room :)

Let's do this thang!!!! :jumpclap :crossed :dance

Denver Man

Post by Denver Man » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

dr bakes wrote:I'm surprised that Shappy isn't promoting these shows as "Perhaps the last time Bobbby and Phil play together as a duo",FTW style hype.
I was gonna say something but didn't want to rock the boat :rofl
Couple shots of whiskey women around here start looking good

MushroomMan

Post by MushroomMan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:27 pm

I appreciate everything Shappy has done, I just didn't like how he did everything he could to call it "The Grateful Dead" when nobody else was and it was originally called "Fare Thee Well: celebrating 50 years of Grateful Dead"...

it left an odd feeling walking in the first night of Santa Clara and hearing somebody on stage announce that "The Grateful Dead is about to hit the stage for the first time in bla bla bla..."

I know everybody knows that it wasn't but just the fact of it being advertised as "The Grateful Dead" left a bad 'money grab' sort of feeling

maybe it was just me

dr bakes

Post by dr bakes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 pm

MushroomMan wrote:I appreciate everything Shappy has done, I just didn't like how he did everything he could to call it "The Grateful Dead" when nobody else was and it was originally called "Fare Thee Well: celebrating 50 years of Grateful Dead"...

it left an odd feeling walking in the first night of Santa Clara and hearing somebody on stage announce that "The Grateful Dead is about to hit the stage for the first time in bla bla bla..."

I know everybody knows that it wasn't but just the fact of it being advertised as "The Grateful Dead" left a bad 'money grab' sort of feeling

maybe it was just me
Agreed, and the way he convinced the band to promote it as the last time the four would ever play together...marketing hype and the VIP bs.
I do like the Cap though
I'd like to find the proper potion
That's gonna capture your emotion