Prayers and thoughts for victims and family members of the vegas shooting

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
SunshineSue

Re: Prayers and thoughts for victims and family members of the vegas shooting

Postby SunshineSue » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 am

stricken wrote:What most people don't get is with a gun it is manufactured just like drugs so making something against the law only stops honest people from obtaining what they want.
The problem is or was inside the mind of the shooter and the only way you can stop this madness is when people are comfortable enough to say I got a problem and need help.
It would be just as easy to kill as many people with truck or even a car. So if you support taking away a weapon it can't stop with guns.
I am sure there are many who have been scared into this type of thought process and that was the shooters motivation.

I own multiple guns and have shot competetively. No responsible gun owner needs military ammo, large magazines or silencers, all things the NRA says should be legal so gun manufacturers can make more money. How much longer would it have taken police to locate the shooter if he'd used a silencer? How many fewer would have died if the shooter wasn't able to squeeze off 50 rounds at a time? The issue to me is not what will stop all gun violence but what will reasonably save even some lives without restricting responsible gun use. I highly doubt the killer was thinking about his effect on gun policy, he was just hateful. Although improving access to mental health care sure wouldn't hurt these issues either!

Emvibe

Postby Emvibe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 am

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around this one....

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this.
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

stricken

Postby stricken » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Emvibe wrote:Still having a hard time wrapping my head around this one....

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this.

When I read your post it instantly made me think Chester would have written the same response.

Scar1et_F1re

Postby Scar1et_F1re » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:16 pm

No fukin reason for assault rifles although this madman somehow enhanced one (or more) of his guns so they could fire semi-automatically. listening to the horrible stories from people who were there makes me feel grateful for what we have.

I hate guns but there's no way they are changing the 2nd amendment. I wish the fukers who undid the ban on assault rifles would have a change of heart.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone touched by this madman.
May the four winds blow you safely home!!!
LOVE IS REAL NFA ♡ <3 ♡
May you stay, forever young <3 ♡ <3

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm trying to stay positive, and as bones said it's important not to stop doing things you enjoy because of fear. However, I have to admit to being more than a little freaked out to find out the shooter had reservations in a hotel across from Lollapalooza in Chicago as well as one across from Fenway the night of a Chance the Rapper show and at another spot in Vegas across from a festival in August. :shock:

Can't stop the music though, guess one has to just check the fear at the door and keep living... :?

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Not a big fan of guns. I understand the 2nd amendment but in 1791 they had muskets. Nobody will ever convince me that assault rifles are needed, necessary or a responsible form of defense in today's society as a whole. I think the entire world should do acid at the exact same time and go on one massive trip...total reset button
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Return to “General Discussion”