Dead and Company - Playing in the Sand

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
saeyedoc

Re: Dead and Company - Playing in the Sand

Post by saeyedoc » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Thanks! We hadn't seen the Dead for decades until we went to the Boulder shows this year, it was such a blast. This should be amazing with so many deadheads in one place.

Hagen

Some swim...to get to Terrapin

Post by Hagen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Found a buddy and got the Barcelo Maya...I was looking into a fishing charter and found one for swimming with sea turtles. Comes to about $100 a person for six people...do we have four other takers??

(~);-}

domellon

Post by domellon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:51 pm

My wife and I are also heading to Mexico. I'm curious...what is the trip name and how do they guarantee there will be turtles? Very interested but can't commit right now. Thanks in advance.

Hagen

Post by Hagen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:25 pm

It's not one of the resort adventures...local fishing charter I'll look again for the name. I'd presume it's like past fishing trips or whale watching trips I've taken where the captains know their habits and territories. Biggest thing besides the turtles, it's six people not 100 on a big catamaran.

Captain Rick I think...just under $100 a person for six to do turtles (snorkeling) from 7-1...9-1 is about $75. They say their dock is five minutes from Barcelo Maya. Bigger the boat, bigger the rate, but since it's a private charter still just six people...some of the bigger might've been ten. They've got pics of folks swimming with them. Where's Jer w the scuba gear? Also the 9-1 is the half day which I don't think is listed on this page.

https://www.captricksfishing.com/turtle ... e-swim.htm

domellon

Post by domellon » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Looks great..thanks! Would love to do it...somewhat pricey. I wonder if you can just tell them 2 people on a 9-1 if they need to fill a boat?

staggerl

Post by staggerl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 pm

saeyedoc wrote:Packages were selling really quickly yesterday. I grabbed one right at 1pm ET and my buddy tried a minute later and everything at the Barcelo was unavailable. They released some rooms they had saved for the general sale later on and he got one, but only with double beds. Surprised the really high $ rooms sold completely out. This is going to be a blast.
It sure is going to be a blast! I mean, who is more fun than really rich people, right?

domellon

Post by domellon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:38 am

Hagen wrote:It's not one of the resort adventures...local fishing charter I'll look again for the name. I'd presume it's like past fishing trips or whale watching trips I've taken where the captains know their habits and territories. Biggest thing besides the turtles, it's six people not 100 on a big catamaran.

Captain Rick I think...just under $100 a person for six to do turtles (snorkeling) from 7-1...9-1 is about $75. They say their dock is five minutes from Barcelo Maya. Bigger the boat, bigger the rate, but since it's a private charter still just six people...some of the bigger might've been ten. They've got pics of folks swimming with them. Where's Jer w the scuba gear? Also the 9-1 is the half day which I don't think is listed on this page.

https://www.captricksfishing.com/turtle ... e-swim.htm
Keep me posted if you're looking for 2. I think my wife would prefer the 9-1 (she sleeps more than me) but would be interested depending on cost/day/time. Thanks again for the info. I definitely can't get 4 or more others for a trip. We're good for it and easygoing.

domellon

Post by domellon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:40 am

One more thing. I remember reading about someone who swam with turtles during the day and then had the Paradise Waits concert that night. For some reason it has stuck with me and I thought it was just about a perfect day!

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Fri May 04, 2018 12:24 am

Nugs will be re-streaming the first night of Playing in the Sand for FREE on Saturday, May 5th, as a Cinco de Mayo treat. Can't beat a free webcast! :clap

http://nugs.tv/

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm