Dead and Company - Playing in the Sand

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
Emvibe

Dead and Company - Playing in the Sand

Post by Emvibe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Dead & Company featuring Grateful Dead members Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann joined by Oteil Burbridge, Jeff Chimenti and John Mayer have detailed their first shows of 2018. The six-piece has teamed with CID Presents to host a destination event dubbed “Playing In The Sand” that will be held in Riviera Maya, Mexico February 15 – 18.

The band’s three nightly concerts will take place at the event’s host resort The Barceló Maya. The Barceló Maya is one of five all-inclusive resorts attendees can book for the event with The Hard Rock Hotel, Dreams Tulum, Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Rosewood Mayakoba as the others. Each of the five host resorts features a variety of restaurants, multiple bars and daily activities. Festivalgoers have the option of lounging by the pool and beach during the day or can take a more active approach by exploring the nearby historic towns of Tulum and Playa del Carmen. On-site activities include yoga, tequila tastings, bowling and a surfing contest. There are also off-site adventures available.

Dead & Company was formed in 2015 and first toured that fall. The band returned to the road for each of the previous two summers. John Mayer recently discussed the sextet’s incredibly successful Summer Tour 2017 on SiriusXM’s Tales From The Golden Road.

Playing In The Sand 2018 packages go on sale to the general public Thursday, August 3 at 1 p.m. ET. Dead & Company will be inviting their fans to sign up for a presale that will begin on Tuesday, August 1 at 1 p.m. ET. Head to PlayingInTheSand.com for full booking details and more information.

https://www.jambase.com/article/dead-co ... tion-event

The article states 3 shows but deadandcompany.com show 4
Sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own

alilfurther

Re: Dead and Company - Playing in the Sand

Post by alilfurther » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:45 pm

man I want to go!!!!!!!!!

alilfurther

Post by alilfurther » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 pm

but man the packages are pricey

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:49 pm

DAMN!!!!

My dad just left on a 2-week trip to Indonesia, and I don't have the money alone for this...!!!!!!!!!

Maybe something will change before August 3rd, but if Furthur's Mexico trip was any indication.... :shock: :crossed
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

bones

Post by bones » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Definitely said 3 shows over those 4 days
"gleeful amphetamine drip"

11/1 Live Dead 69 Londonderry NH
11/6 Elton John Boston
11/9 DSO Lowell
11/15, 16 Weir Boston
11/20 DSO Concord NH
11/30 Joan, Anders & Robert Randolph do Dylan

SunshineSue

Post by SunshineSue » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Well, I'm glad we've got a couple of days to think about this, it's a tough choice. Dave and I are already paid up for Mule in Jamaica in January, however our 30th anniversary is February 20th, so we could add a couple of extra nights and make this an anniversary trip. However, I've also heard bad things about these Mayan Riveria multi-resort concerts (specifically Phish), since there's been a mix of concert and non-concert goers at each resort at the past couple of events. Which means all the dress codes are enforced at the restaurants and I heard about some unpleasant conflicts between concert guests and non-concert guests. :?

Did anyone go to Muertos con Queso and can talk about the vibe there?? :think

Add: I will say if you're going, avoid the Hard Rock, it may have improved but it was a nightmare in 2014 for Furthur!! :hand

patchthenation

Post by patchthenation » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:15 pm

SunshineSue wrote:However, I've also heard bad things about these Mayan Riveria multi-resort concerts (specifically Phish), since there's been a mix of concert and non-concert goers at the past couple of events. Which means all the dress codes are enforced at the restaurants and I heard about some unpleasant conflicts between concert guests and non-concert guests. :?

Did anyone go to Muertos con Queso and can talk about the vibe there?? :think

Add: I will say if you're going, avoid the Hard Rock, it may have improved but it was a nightmare in 2014 for Furthur!! :hand
I love this site.

I was JUST THINKING about where to stay and how the Furthur run was. I want to stay at Hard Rock, cuz it's cheapest, but wow that is awesome that you mentioned what you did, Sue. But I still wanna stay there cuz it's cheaper. haha
Get the feelin' I'm gonna find out real soon...

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Mrs. E and I won't be able to do this but it's still great news as it means MORE SHOWS!!!!!!
"Got any nails?"

"No!"

"Got any flies?"

Boxorain

Post by Boxorain » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

At first glance I was like right on...there's my family winter vaca. Then I realized it's a 15 to 20k cost for the 4 of us. Think I'll buy a new van instead lol
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

KEZHEAD

Post by KEZHEAD » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 pm

I would NEVER be able to afford this overpriced F"ing event

It was hard enough paying for tickets this summer

But.......my love will not fade away