Terrapin Nation Fantasy Football 2017/2018

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
23atwell

Terrapin Nation Fantasy Football 2017/2018

Postby 23atwell » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Its almost that time and I do want to get a head start on this. I know I have been kinda missing in action due to my job but things will eventually slow down and I will be able to have more time to myself. Last year we had 12 and it was $50 each. First, second and third paid out. I thought that it was perfect like that but I dont mind bumping it up to $75 if you all want. I do vote Denver Man to be the commissioner again if he is up to it. I will start a list of who is going to play and the ones who played last year will of course have a spot. I will also make a list of the people who want to play that didnt play last year, just in case someone from last year doesnt want to play again. I believe this might be our fifth year of playing together and there has never been any kind of controversy :clap.When we get the list of whos playing, then the money can start coming in. If you are going to play or want to play be sure to give me you first name cause I really bad at remembering them.

If you want to pay using paypal my email is 23atwell@gmail.com or you can send a check or cash to
Ryan Atwell
814 N.Livermore Ave apt#104
Livermore, CA 94551

Last Years Players:
23atwell-Ryan (Bay Area Rambles)
SunshineSue-Sue (China Cats)
DenverMan-Mark (Denver Man)
jim2794-Jim (Dire Wolves)
Boxorain-Shane (Beer for my Horses)
Strickin-Jeff (The Warlocks)
Funky420-Marc (Team Ramrod)
Kevin- (Dark Stars)(REINING CHAMPION)
Azniner-Todd (Azniner)
Flyin Brian-Brian (Colts Win it All)

This years Players:
23atwell-Ryan (Bay Area Rambles)$$$PAID$$$
SunshineSue-Sue (China Cats)$$$PAID$$$
Denver Man-Mark (Denver Man)$$$PAID$$$
Kevin- (Dark Stars)$$$PAID$$$
Boxorain-Shane (Beer for my Horses)$$$PAID$$$
Funky420-Marc (Team Ramrod)$$$PAID$$$
Azniner-Todd (Azniner)$$$PAID$$$
jim2794-Jim (Dire Wolves)
Icecreamkid- Matt (The Other East Coast)$$$PAID$$$
Nobleglass- Shane (Midwest Puffins)$$$PAID$$$
Last edited by 23atwell on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:12 am, edited 17 times in total.
Im going to sit right here until I die

23atwell

Re: Terrapin Nation Fantasy Football 2017/2018

Postby 23atwell » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Anyone who has any question or concerns about the upcoming season, speak up now. Lets have some fun again this year!!!!!!!!!
Im going to sit right here until I die

Denver Man

Postby Denver Man » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm

:colorwave :woo :colorwave

I'm in for sure! Yahoo I believe already auto-renewed our league. But we can definitely make adjustments to who is in and who is out. Hoping everyone returns!

Honestly, I think $50 is good. My performances the last couple of years haven't justified me donating more money this year :lol:

Hey are you going to do your other league too? :crossed :mrgreen:
I went walking out last summer
Trying to find a breath of air
I went walking on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:25 pm

As reigning champion I will be happy to play again. $50 is okay with me. Lots of summer and fall plans to budget for. Thanks to all involved :colorwave
Smell Every Flower

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Can we please do FAB this year? It's so much more NFL like and it's a hell of lot more interesting than just waiting for your turn to pick up a FA. In the other leagues we do a $200 (fictitious) budget...up to each individual owner to bid on FA's each week and manage their cap. Very fun
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 pm

I just freaking LOVE seeing this thread pop up, I have a huge smile on my face right now!! Needless to say, the China Cats are in and are counting the days until the draft, not to mention the first game! I'll either get a check to you ASAP or finally breakdown and start using Paypal. Let the games begin SOON!!!!!! :jumpeveryone

As far as teams, we can check last year's thread, but I think Brian already bowed out for this year, so we'll need at least 1 new team. Which is good, since we've got new folks that have joined TN since last season.

Boxorain, I'm not quite sure what you mean by FAB, it's my own ignorance. Is this just for waivers or for the draft itself?? I've never done an auction draft, but I'd be willing to learn if the majority wants to go that route. If it's just for waivers/later additions, that sounds interesting and might be more forgiving of newbie mistakes. :think

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Not an auction draft Sue....same as always. You just get a FA budget...say $200 for the year. On Tuesday nights you submit a bid on any FA you want, just as you normally would submit a claim....except you balance your budget. It's grate

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Boxorain wrote:Not an auction draft Sue....same as always. You just get a FA budget...say $200 for the year. On Tuesday nights you submit a bid on any FA you want, just as you normally would submit a claim....except you balance your budget. It's grate

Thanks for the clarification! I wouldn't mind shaking it up a bit this season, this sounds like a good additional challenge, unless there are drawbacks I'm not seeing. :think

From ESPN, I assume Yahoo is more or less the same:
Free Agent Auction Bidding - Teams will have a specific budget with which they can bid to make player acquisitions and all bids are processed after the league's specified waiver period. If a team would like to add a player, that team will secretly bid an amount they are willing to pay. On the waiver process day, the team with the highest bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that team's budget. Players who are not claimed during bid processing become free agents available for first come, first serve style pickups.

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Yup, that's exactly how it works Sue. It really is a bunch of fun. One additional thing to remember too...you can bid $0 on a player as well. In other words, if you burn your budget you can still pick up players for $0

SunshineSue

Postby SunshineSue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Denver Man wrote:Hey are you going to do your other league too? :crossed :mrgreen:

Yes, please??!! :D :crossed

Return to “General Discussion”