most recent show

A place to discuss anything not covered in the other forums
lightchaser

Re: most recent show

Postby lightchaser » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Christmas Jam weekend started friday with friends gig at Catawba Brewing then after gig party/gig at hotel. Saturday just incredibly sweet night of music. The main draw for a lot of our crew was the Last Waltz tribute which was awesome, hope to catch the tour next year. Bob's set was great especially the EOTW which brings us to the evening's 2 great supporting stars: Branford and Holly Bowling. Her solo instrumental rendition of the entire Terrapin Nation suite was amazing! The way she pulled off At a Siding(?) stopped everybody in their tracks and the last verse turned into a sing along. then we got a set of Mule to send us out into the night at 3 am.

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 pm

Saw Marc Broussard a few weeks back...if I didn't have little ones, I jump on the road and follow his band around for a bit. His albums don't do the live experience any justice at all. Beautiful southern soulful music. Must see stuff.

Also recently caught Kris Kristofferson at the Egg in Albany. Never thought I'd have the opportunity. What a treat :dance
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

bones

Postby bones » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:55 pm

1/28 Last Waltz 40th - Orpheum Boston - best of what I've seen so far in2017

1/27 Greensky Bluegrass - HOB Boston

1/19 The Infamous Stringdusters - Flying Monkey - Plymouth, NH

loving the bluegrass > jam grass genre lately :guitarred :dance

Jasper

Postby Jasper » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Would like to catch the string dusters!

Saw Phil down in LV the other weekend Grate shows!

Going to see Ross James and Scott Law as "Cosmic Twang" with the Dead Winter Carpenters in a couple of weeks here in Seattle.

bones

Postby bones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 am

Going to see the Wood Brothers tonight near Boston - I like what I have listened to of them.

A buddy's wife bailed on him, so I'm in...they have 2 sold out shows at a small theater tonight & tomorrow...

bones

Postby bones » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:25 am

The Wood Brothers a lot of fun last night - got Opehila encore

since show ended b4 1030 we went across town to see Bearly Dead 2nd set till after 1230

if u are in the boston area do yourself a favor & check out Bearly Dead at Thiunder Road every Wednesday night in Sommerville

they are the JRAD of GD cover bands - just so much energy :dance

Griff

Postby Griff » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:08 pm

Hiya kids. Going to see DSO in Seattle tonight. Wohoo. Got lucky cause I thought I would be flying to Denver today (that's tomorrow) and just got back from a quick 2 day trip to New Jersey. 6 hours and 15 minutes flying to Seattle last night. UGH.

But I am ready to have a little chocolate and get my groove on. Then head to Crested Butte tomorrow and they are expecting a foot of new snow this weekend. Woohoo.

And that after we got 50+ inches Fri - Sun at my area last weekend. Wohoo. LOL.

strangerinboulder

Postby strangerinboulder » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 pm

DSO at the Ogden in Denver on Saturday, 3/4. Six songs I had never heard before. And I believe two songs they have never played before. Anyone seeing the spring tour is in for a real treat.

rippleish20

Postby rippleish20 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:31 pm

EB 2/20 GGW 2/22,23,24,25 JKB 3/3,4 . All outstanding shows. The new JKB is on fire...

Boxorain

Postby Boxorain » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 pm

JGB sat night with the wife and some old crusties like bones! Zach is doing a fine job but I much prefer Hebert. Hope he's doing well. I kept thinking how impeccably perfect JK would be in that spot but at this stage in his career, I think he's grown beyond the role. Maybe a few one offs with Melvin would be as much as one could hope for.
Just about the perfect setlist...really enjoyable show
~ Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men ~

Return to “General Discussion”